Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    So one of the supposed reliable ITK's has said that PSG could be putting in a big bid for kaboul and think he could be worth 25million in a few years

My question is, who would you prefer to have at our club kaboul or cahill? Albeit in signing cahill, we would most likely be making some money with PSG's riches, i would prefer kaboul.

Legend !

Status
    Both...

I see no reason why we can't- offer Bassong and 10-14m (depending how much Bolton want for him) and then we'd have Cahill, Kaboul, Dawson, and occasionally King or Gallas. Sounds fine to me.

Also- I believe the exact same thing PSG do- Kaboul is, imo, better than Dawson right now, and in 3 years time will be one of the best in the world. He has already gotten a couple starts for the French NT and imo will be our undisputed starter soon. I think we really underrate him at times, some people forget that he's even here, but he is a very good player and if he gets more games he'll show his class.

3. These users say thanks for this post

Dustin (16-08-2011),Jaggeh (17-08-2011),S.L.R (17-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both...

I see no reason why we can't- offer Bassong and 10-14m (depending how much Bolton want for him) and then we'd have Cahill, Kaboul, Dawson, and occasionally King or Gallas. Sounds fine to me.

Also- I believe the exact same thing PSG do- Kaboul is, imo, better than Dawson right now, and in 3 years time will be one of the best in the world. He has already gotten a couple starts for the French NT and imo will be our undisputed starter soon. I think we really underrate him at times, some people forget that he's even here, but he is a very good player and if he gets more games he'll show his class.
    Really? I haven't seem him at cb much recently as the last few times he played full back instead. Im not so sure Mr Levy would not accept a say 20 million bid if it were to come in.

Yes i would also like that deal, bassong plus cash for cahill, sounds good!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8GOONS View Post
    Really? I haven't seem him at cb much recently as the last few times he played full back instead. Im not so sure Mr Levy would not accept a say 20 million bid if it were to come in.

Yes i would also like that deal, bassong plus cash for cahill, sounds good!
    Well, I think I phrased that wrong. If you gave me a choice between Kaboul or Dawson, I'd pick Kaboul. He has better distribution, is faster, and overall seems more comfortable on the ball than Dawson. He's also more versatile, and is an actual threat on corner kicks. Don't get me wrong, Dawson's strength and last-ditch-defending are great but there are more of his types than Kaboul types. Plus I think Kaboul's passing and ability to take the ball forward are much better than Dawson's. That being said, I think they compliment each other pretty well, and Dawson offers leadership and deserves the captaincy, but simply player-wise, I think Kaboul's better.

6. These users say thanks for this post

Dustin (16-08-2011),IH8GOONS (16-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    No reason we can't have them both......so.......both

Legend !

Status
    Do they want Kaboul bad enough to swap Sakho? I would take Kaboul over Cahill though. He is not better than Daws right now, but will be absolute class in a few years. Him next to Daws would be one hell of a CB pairing. Good in the air, strong, and hes versatile so we could move him around and still have him produce.

Legend !

Status
    I wouldn't want to sell Kaboul. He is one of our most versatile defenders and to lose him would be a big blow to our defense.

Legend !

Status
    Eloquence aside, getting rid of Kaboul would be foolish in my opinion. Cahill is good and wouldn't mind having him, however not at the expense of Kaboul.

Legend !

Status
    Kaboul is gonna rule this defence next to dawson this season. Also I wouldn't get rid of bassong either, once he gets some confidence back he'll be as good as 09/10 season. Play him in all cup games and when needed in the premiership.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post
    Well, I think I phrased that wrong. If you gave me a choice between Kaboul or Dawson, I'd pick Kaboul. He has better distribution, is faster, and overall seems more comfortable on the ball than Dawson. He's also more versatile, and is an actual threat on corner kicks. Don't get me wrong, Dawson's strength and last-ditch-defending are great but there are more of his types than Kaboul types. Plus I think Kaboul's passing and ability to take the ball forward are much better than Dawson's. That being said, I think they compliment each other pretty well, and Dawson offers leadership and deserves the captaincy, but simply player-wise, I think Kaboul's better.
    Solid post, while I would still rather Daws at CB, but you have made several good points that are spot on...I'm almost convinced. They are pretty much the same size, but you are right that Kaboul is a lot better on the offensive end and is faster, and yes Daws's tackling in a pinch is better, However, I feel that Daws may have less gaps in his marking compared to Kaboul. That said, last season Kaboul was an improvement on the previous season while Dawson was more mistake prone than his previous season. I hope to see Daws back at full strength this season.

(Speculation: Part of Daws proneness to errors may be because in the Daws/Gallas partnership, Gallas was always playing injured, So Dawson stayed man marked more often while Gallas stayed back - thus Daws was prone to be dragged out of position more frequently and therefore appeared to have players get behind him more often).

13. Who Thanked this post

IH8GOONS (16-08-2011)

Status
    They all suffer from being a class below King.

15. These users say thanks for this post

gomes4life (18-08-2011),IH8GOONS (16-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Solid post, while I would still rather Daws at CB, but you have made several good points that are spot on...I'm almost convinced. They are pretty much the same size, but you are right that Kaboul is a lot better on the offensive end and is faster, and yes Daws's tackling in a pinch is better, However, I feel that Daws may have less gaps in his marking compared to Kaboul. That said, last season Kaboul was an improvement on the previous season while Dawson was more mistake prone than his previous season. I hope to see Daws back at full strength this season.

(Speculation: Part of Daws proneness to errors may be because in the Daws/Gallas partnership, Gallas was always playing injured, So Dawson stayed man marked more often while Gallas stayed back - thus Daws was prone to be dragged out of position more frequently and therefore appeared to have players get behind him more often).
    Well to start they aren't really the same type of CB- Dawson is the English bulldog no-nonsense type, while Kaboul is the better player with the ball at his feet and is faster. Kaboul reminds me a lot of Pique, who is IMO the prototype modern CB. So it's kind of hard to compare them.

I feel like we both have covered the physical and skill levels of both so I'm going to make a point on the mental aspect of the game. Dawson is, while not shaky, rather mistake-prone. That's odd, because usually players of his type are solid and don't make a lot of mistakes. He should be the one sitting back and covering, while Kaboul or King goes and wins the ball. So like you said, playing with Gallas may have hurt him. But, my point for Kaboul is that reading of the game comes with time- if he gets more starts actually playing CB he'll continue to improve. His marking is a bit suspect, but only because he isn't playing there regularly- defenders need consistency to play better. Marking at RB and CB is COMPLETELY different (trust me, I play both) and so you can't really blame him for some mistakes. In fact, he played pretty well considering that he wasn't a regular at either position and had some injury problems. People seem to forget he had surgery in January- before that he looked like one of the best CBs in the Prem.

Also, I think the fact he has improved so much already shows he can keep improving. IMO, our future at CB is Kaboul and whoever else, maybe Dawson, maybe Cahill, maybe Caulker even. But Kaboul, if he can avoid injury and is played regularly, has great potential and it would be stupid to sell him.

17. Who Thanked this post

Dustin (16-08-2011)

massive bellend according to bigdub

Status
    Ledley - Injured and old
    Gallas - Injuted and old
    Bassong - Sell

That leaves us with Dawson and Kaboul. ONLY!!
    What if Bassong gets sold? What if Gallas and Ledley is injured? Which is a big chance it happens.
    We cant sell Kaboul and replace him with Cahill because then we are back in the same problem.
    Get Cahill this summer, let him and Kaboul compete for the XI.
    Next season we get Caulker back, Gallas is around 35 then? Ledley doesn't have a leg by then.

19. Who Thanked this post

Reserrved (16-08-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Cahill.. he's homegrown and IMO a far better player, enough said.

talking in the wind

Status
    cahill is a better player than kaboul,and daws is better than kaboul,i dont know wherepeople are getting the idea kaboul is better than daws,it cant be based on last season

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter