Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Originally Posted by Akqayid
    Diarra IS BRINGING HIS MATE!!!!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akqayid
    Diarras mate is Ady. I Posted last week I hope he brings his mate.

He's bringing him. I'm calling Diarra and Ady unvieled for Saturday

So could it be true that we will see diarra and adebayor in lillywhite. This ITK seems very optimistic they will.
    TBH this guys ITK's have been quite accurate (as far as i have seen) and so hopefully it will be true.
    Thoughts...?

Legend !

Status
    i'll believe it when i see it. 2 quality signings.. not my preferred striker but at least he can actually 'strike'!

Legend !

Status
    He seems very confident and must know something if he is gonna make this bold of a claim. That said, its probably nothing. If even half of what he's saying proves to be true, though, my hat will be off.

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    Would make for a lethal squad, our competitors would quiver.

Home:
    Friedel/Gomes
    Walker Dawson King/Samba BAE
    Lennon Diarra Modric Bale
    VDV
    Adebayor

Away:
    Friedel/Gomes
    Corluka Dawson King/Samba BAE
    Modric Sandro Diarra Bale
    VDV
    Adebayor

I'd chosen a 4-3-3 but Harry wouldn't.

Legend !

Status
    Big words... He's probably right about Diarra but we see Llorente on Saturday and I think we'll step up our pursuit a LOT after that.

Legend !

Status
    Our efforts in the transfer market are like our strikers' attempts on goal. I will only believe it when I see it on the OS.

Status
    I believe his source is a player at the club so hopefully he's getting some geniune info. He's been very confident with his info over the last couple of weeks

Legend !

Status
    I would have liked Diarra to have been mates with Benzema but Adebayor is better than our strikers.

Legend !

Status
    I'd rather Llorente, but Ady's a very good shout. Diarra would be superb.

That's pretty bold to make a call like that. If it doesn't happen, that's Akqayid's rep burnt.

Legend !

Status
    I'd like to believe it but it just seems too promising for one of our transfers and were not even near deadline day. But i hope we can pull something off

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnaThor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would make for a lethal squad, our competitors would quiver.

Home:
    Friedel/Gomes
    Walker Dawson King/Samba BAE
    Lennon Diarra Modric Bale
    VDV
    Adebayor

Away:
    Friedel/Gomes
    Corluka Dawson King/Samba BAE
    Modric Sandro Diarra Bale
    VDV
    Adebayor

I'd chosen a 4-3-3 but Harry wouldn't.
    Not sure how your away midfield would work but you never know. If we got diarra, would you really expect sandro to be dropped for home games? Yes i know before you say it he will improve the overall squad but im talking about starting.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8GOONS View Post
    Not sure how your away midfield would work but you never know. If we got diarra, would you really expect sandro to be dropped for home games? Yes i know before you say it he will improve the overall squad but im talking about starting.
    I think the away midfield would work because we would finally have a striker who would make something out of chances. That formation doesn't work with what we have right now but plug in Ade/Llorente/Negredo/etc. and the away mid would be worth trying.

First Team Player

Status
    Would be delighted with Adebayor and Diarra, however I have to question these ITK's as they are all over the press in terms of being linked with us, personally I dont see Diarra coming to keep the bench warm for big games .... although Sandro & Hudds are injured at present I dont see either of them being dropped when returning to full fitness ???

With regards to Adebayor .... again not sure if it will happen, returning to one of my posts a few weeks back regarding Kevin Bonds interview in South Africa, he said he would be very surprised if we didnt bring anyone in before the window closed, not before the season started which tells me we will lay low and see if the likes of Madrd will play their hand with Ade and if not we will be there to offer him the football he craves, also cant help but think the monet being quoted for Diarra ... 15 mill ish i think is way of the mark, dont be surprised that if we do sign him its in the region of 8-10 mil jus like we did with Rafa, its what Daniel Levy prides himself on !!!!

I am optimistic though that we will bring in at least 2 players before the window shuts ....... (nervously biting my nails)

First Team Player

Status
    Mike_THFC on twitter, claims to work at the club which i believes he seemed to know a lot of 'behind the scenes' things, and he claims that the club are 'working very hard' to get diarra

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8GOONS View Post
    I'm one of the biggest Sandro fans. I think he's the best in the world at breaking attacks already, perhaps maybe behind Mascherano, but no one else. Imo he is definitely the best tackler in the world for midfielders.

I would not want Sandro to be dropped for any game. I would make him first choice over any of our CM's except Modric obviously since he's more attack minded. This would be my desired starting formation in case we get Diarra, who I don't think should rest on the bench.
    4-3-3 (VDV as inverted winger)

--------------Friedel------------
    Walker-- Dawson-- Samba/King-- BAE
    --------Sandro Diarra Modric-------
    -----VDV ------------------Bale--
    -------------Adebayor-------------

subs: Lennon, Pav, Thudd

I don't think Thudd is on par with the rest of those midfielders. Sandro is far better at defending, far far better no question about it. Diarra is a complete sort of box to box midfielder with incredible defensive qualities as well as solid attacking ones, better than Thudd imo. Modric is way better at attacking, and isn't far off of defensive side either. I think Thudd should be benched more unless he ups his pace because if you'll notice even last season where he barely played, he let in some really, really weak defending and from not exactly star players either. I remember the Stoke game (don't remember if home or away, I think away), Etherington dribbled some 40 yards with Thudd trying to get him off the ball the whole time and failing desperately and so Etherington finished with a goal.

16. These users say thanks for this post

IH8GOONS (04-08-2011),jesco29 (06-08-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter