Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mladen Petric

Legend !

Status
    just seen this on Ian Holyman´s twitterpage(Eurosport journalist and Bundesliga commentator)

Word on the street is Spurs, likely to lose Modric to Chelsea, want to top up Croatian quota w/Petric. He'd cut it in EPL, no probs.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crocop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just seen this on Ian Holyman´s twitterpage(Eurosport journalist and Bundesliga commentator)

Word on the street is Spurs, likely to lose Modric to Chelsea, want to top up Croatian quota w/Petric. He'd cut it in EPL, no probs.
    I would love to see that happen, hope he isn´t joking. But Petric really stopped negotiations with Hamburg and won´t sign a new contract with them

Legend !

Status
    He is no where near good enough as a top4 leading man. He's a decent player but compared to Negredo, Llorente or Ade he Iis mince.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davids01 View Post
    He is no where near good enough as a top4 leading man. He's a decent player but compared to Negredo, Llorente or Ade he Iis mince.
    His scoring record is great! I really think this is serious, he quit negotiations with HSV a few days ago. Arnesen, their sports director, said they must sell him if the right offer comes in since his contract is expiring next year.

Legend !

Status
    take a look at this @davids01

Last edited by crocop; 03-08-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Legend !

Status
    Showing Youtube videos of players is like me putting I'm a Nuclear Psychicist on my CV, sure I'll look great on paper, but when they see me, they'll be hugely disappointed.

No to Petric for me.

Legend !

Status
    Yeah he wasn't even the number one strike for hsv.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davids01 View Post
    Yeah he wasn't even the number one strike for hsv.
    ??????......... He was playing instead of van Nistelrooy. Always was no.1 striker!!!! Just been injured a few times, but never seriously injured
    Last edited by crocop; 03-08-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sraew View Post
    Showing Youtube videos of players is like me putting I'm a Nuclear Psychicist on my CV, sure I'll look great on paper, but when they see me, they'll be hugely disappointed.

No to Petric for me.
    How do you rate players then??? Stats? He scored 126 goals in 274 appeareances in his career, scoring every 164 minutes.

Legend !

Status
    You can't rate a player by pieces of information fullstop, this isn't football manager.

A player's movement, agility, intelligence, natural prowess in the box, instinct, these are things you have to WATCH the player actually play over and over to find out, hence why clubs have huge scouting networks, they don't just play fifa and see one guy scored a lot and buy him.

And, seeing as I've maybe only seen him play once, it's a no for me. Sorry, I know you like him.

Legend !

Status
    You can't rate a player by pieces of information fullstop, this isn't football manager.

A player's movement, agility, intelligence, natural prowess in the box, instinct, these are things you have to WATCH the player actually play over and over to find out, hence why clubs have huge scouting networks, they don't just play fifa and see one guy scored a lot and buy him.

And, seeing as I've maybe only seen him play once, it's a no for me. Sorry, I know you like him.
    So you have been watching a lot of Leandro Damiao and LLorente games??? I have been watching many Petric games. He will go to a top club anyway(i think we are a top club also) cuz he is on free contract next year but i´m sure they will sell him this summer. They can get good money for him but this would still be a steal imo. I respect your oppinion though. I just posted it cuz it makes sense since i read 2 days ago that he didn´t accept Hamburg´s offer.

Legend !

Status
    No no that's fine, It's just I personally haven't seen him.

Damiao though, watched him quite a lot recently and he looks the part, goals he scored in that cup were well executed, I'd take him for sure, he's a rough diamond like Sandro I think.

Legend !

Status
    No no that's fine, It's just I personally haven't seen him.

Damiao though, watched him quite a lot recently and he looks the part, goals he scored in that cup were well executed, I'd take him for sure, he's a rough diamond like Sandro I think.
    Damiao is a realistic option imo... but people here think we can sign Rossi or Llorente, i don´t think that´s very realistic. I don´t even think that Petric is realistic since he will demand high wages but that Eurosport journalist and Bundesliga expert posted it, there might be truth behind it, makes sense to me.

Legend !

Status
    is he a striker? Ok sign him!

Legend !

Status
    I wouldn't have thought VDV was realistic, but we managed to pull that off! Have some faith, I would love Rossi, but as much as I like it, I can't see it.

I remember one of the ITK's saying we were doing something or other in Germany, so maybe Petric? Will have to wait and see.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter