Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AberdeenYid on COYS

RE: Rangers/Bentley/Hutton

Quote:

I have a close connection with someone high up at Rangers and spoke to him for the first time in ages today. He tells me that we were trying to get them to agree to become a feeder club and Rangers were quite happy with the theory, but didn't want to be referred to as a feeder club and they also wanted Bentley and Hutton on loan for the season.

We said no as we wanted them to outright purchase both players. Apparently, this was the deal breaker. Price quoted for outright purchase was "mental", so all gone quiet again.

After last nights result against Malmo, I doubt Rangers have two pennies to rub together now anyway.

@thfcire Thoughts?

Personally I would like to see us form a partnership with a club like Hearts or Hibs so they can challenge the top two. A partnership with Rangers has the added benefit of pissing Ire off though.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Can't see it myself. Rangers & Celtic are still quite far up their own asses to see that it would be a good idea.

If you think Anthony Stokes (failed at Sunderland) is flouishing up there the likes of Hutton, Jenas, Defoe, Keane would be fantastic up there.

Personally I would rather our top start like Coulibally, Kane, Townesend & Khumalo to play in the championship than up there.

Status
    I remember reading something a few days ago about the old owners of Rangers having ties to ENIC, or something along those lines.

4. Who Thanked this post

Rev John Ripsher (28-07-2011)

talking in the wind

Status
    anything thats makes rangers stronger is something i dont want if im honest,i know it might benifit spurs but i cant see it ,theyed probily be better getting loaned to prem or championship clubs.i think despite their bad start rangers are favs for the spl this year,theyve spent a good few quid and trying to spend more.i still think the 3 best players in the league are celtic players though,kayal,izaguirre and commons are probily still up there but stephen davis is a big player for rangers he signs a new deal and its a big differance.i know for a fact{from maunre scout} manure were looking very clsoily at both kayal and izaguirre {a player alot of clubs were looking at before he signed for celtic} i think kayal is the pick of the players in scotland and good enough to play in th eprem all day long

talking in the wind

Status
    enic owns a % of rangers doesnt it??? well they did before the takeover

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    Could Reading beat Rangers at this moment in time? I reckon they could. That is how pisspoor Scottish football has become.

On a more general point, reading the ITKs tonight has proven to be a depressing experience. It's not even creative bull**** anymore - the following from 'Peanut' (on Leandro) being a prime example.

''Think we will go back in for him now. Doubt it will happen as same issues exist as before (mainly that Inter want to keep him until Jan & want an awful lot of money). We would have to gamble and pay over the odds for potential.''

This could have been written by anyone on here. Utterly non-newsworthy topped off with a heavy layer of supposition. EPIC FAIL.!!!!

Legend !

Status
    So glad this deal fell apart, don't want those scummy *******s to have an association with my club.

Legend !

Status
    As a Celtic fan as well, I'm glad this hasn't happened.

Status
    What about buying a club that's in financial trouble and making them a B-team, preferably close to London. What are the rules on that?

Legend !

Status
    Rangers? Celtic?

Championship > SPL

I'd rather we were a feeder club to someone like Reading! Tougher league by far.

talking in the wind

Status
    i dont htink its runner judging by that recent dispatches bollox,but i think one thing that came out of it was oyu cant own 2 clubs that play in the 4 leagues

Status
    An incomplete list of clubs and shareholders as of April 21 this year. Personally, I'd be happy to see Reading operate as a feeder club for Spurs.

Worth adding is that Joe Lewis lost an estimated $1.18bn when Bear Stearns collapsed, having built up a 9.4pc stake by that time.

List of English football club owners - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Rivron; 27-07-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivron View Post
    An incomplete list of clubs and shareholders as of April 21 this year. Personally, I'd be happy to see Reading operate as a feeder club for Spurs.

List of English football club owners - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So would it be possible to buy a large stake of shares while still being minority owners? Would that contravene league rules? Because basically what would be ideal is a Barca B situation where we have a whole team comprised of players contracted to Spurs. I guess being partners with a club we have a stake in and setting up something like first options on all their players would be beneficial, though not as good as a true B-team. To me that's the real advantage of clubs like Barca. If we had a B-team we could take shots on players from all over the world and know they would be playing competitive football, I wouldn't even mind if it was League One. If the club was close to London it could be self sustaining because London based Spurs fans could attend the matches. I know if I still lived in London I would go.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 27-07-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    So would it be possible to buy a large stake of shares while still being minority owners? Would that contravene league rules? Because basically what would be ideal is a Barca B situation where we have a whole team comprised of players contracted to Spurs. I guess being partners with a club we have a stake in and setting up something like first options on all their players would be beneficial, though not as good as a true B-team. To me that's the real advantage of clubs like Barca. If we had a B-team we could take shots on players from all over the world essentially and know they would be playing competitive football, I wouldn't even mind if it was League One. If the club was close to London it could be self sustaining because London based Spurs fans could attend the matches. I know if I still lived in London I would go.
    I don't know the answer TBH. I'm assuming majority ownership (of two clubs) would be an issue, but I'm also assuming there is nothing in the rules preventing Spurs from loaning out their players specifically to Reading, for example, through some kind of 'strategic alliance'. Or indeed existing Spurs shareholders buying minority stakes in the likes of Reading. Something tells me there is a 9.9pc limit because I vaguely remember Sky getting into problems over this back in the 90's.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivron View Post
    I don't know the answer TBH. I'm assuming ownership (of two clubs) would be an issue, but I'm also assuming there is nothing in the rules preventing Spurs from loaning out their players specifically to Reading, for example, through some kind of 'strategic alliance' for example.
    I'll do some research this weekend.

The problem with that scenario is loan limits.

If we could do

Loans
    First Options (discounted price).
    We get to hire/pay for the youth coaches and other training staff.
    Scouting partnership.
    In return we pay them a hefty fee. Which a percentage would be used for bringing in young talent.
    And the agreement couldn't be broken for 5 to 10 year periods.

.... If those were the terms then it would be close to a B-team without actually being a B-team. The trick would be finding a club that desperate.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter