Register To Comment
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Assou-Ekotto

Player in Training

Status
    I was told yesterday by my father in law who is an ex PL player and current football scout that the club has received a 13.5 million bid for BAE. I don't know who from, probably PSG.

Legend !

Status
    ties in with that new ITK saying Malaga and PSG ready to do some spending. I'm not his biggest fan but BAE has grown on me a bit (excellent in our last game vs scum), that's a lota money! Although who's that leave us with at LB?

Legend !

Status
    We have enough problems trying to find players to lead the line already. Pocketing 13.5m (or a bit more) wouldn't do us any good if we can't find suitable replacements.

Legend !

Status
    How about, no. BAE is probably my favorite player at the club right now (Modric was before this) and tbh we can't get a better LB than him.

Legend !

Status
    Baines is better than him but would cost a bomb. Enrique is a possible replacement but would be a slight downgrade. New players will need time to settle in so I don't see many positives in selling him.

Legend !

Status
    That is mad money for a full back, but I wouldn't sell. He's become ever so reliable for us over the past few years that it's just not worth it.

Player in Training

Status
    wouldnt sell him, hes a quality player for us.... y dont they take, wilson n bassong off our hands instead....

First Team Player

Status
    Hope this does not happen. Like BEA!!

Legend !

Status
    If we can guarantee finding a replacement for him, I would take this deal in a heartbeat. As much as BAE has improved, I still think he is an absolutely horrible defender. In fact, if we could send him, Palacios, and maybe Kaboul to PSG and convince them to part with Sakho, that would be a perfect deal. Then we could splash out for a left back, and our back line would so much improved it would be ridiculous.

Legend !

Status
    Kaboul is beginning to be class! mad to sell him. Would only sell BAE if we could sign Santon for cheaper

Legend !

Status
    I have come to like this guy, Links up well with Bale and has become reliable for us. Plus i think bar Evra, & Cashley he is arguably the best the prem has to offer. although I'm sure there would be much debate about it.

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Enrique is a possible replacement but would be a slight downgrade.
    I'm not saying we are going to sell BAE but I was told that Levy is interested in Enrique. Liverpool are about to put a bid in for Enrique though so there's a good chance he'll go there. The thing that worries me is Enrique is being touted for about 7-8mil and we know Levy likes to try and make money in the transfer market.

Legend !

Status
    BAE is a very, very improved player, we would be mad to sell him. He has come on in leaps and bounds as against a couple of seasons ago, when he used to make some horrendous mistakes. Too good a player to sell at present.

We have plenty of deadwood on our playing staff, so concentrate on getting rid of the likes of Keane, Palacios , Bentley and a few other borderline players (they have done there job for us and need to move on)

First Team Player

Status
    I rate Benni and would not want to see him go although I think Harry sees Danny Rose as his natural successor and I rate him - he looked good at the back end of last season and will only get better - Gallas also played left back for a lot of his career and maybe walker or naughton would work on the other side of defence. I don't think it would be wise to sell Kaboul as I think in a couple of years he will be a massive player for us, how much longer will ledley and Gallas last?

Legend !

Status
    We couldn't get better so why bother selling? Rose could grow into a good lb but that won't happen this season so we would end up having to spend all the money we get on a replacement.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter