Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned !

Status
    This rumour seems to have gained a bit of ground although we might have to reach some sort of compromise with City on his wages and share the bill.

Could it happen? On his day, Adebayor is a bloody handful and he doesn't need to be "blooded" into the Premiership after playing for Arsenal and Man City.
    He's strong and can hold the ball up well, but I'm not so sure he is the sort of player that will hit 20 odd goals for us.

There's talk of a loan with an option to buy if he does well. I bet it would shake the Gooners up if we got him.

Do you think these rumours are just a load of old rubbish????

Status
    Hope you dont mind me moving this to the ITK section.....that way it'll save @BlueCrew LA the time & effort of posting that the thread was in the wrong section

3. These users say thanks for this post

BlueCrew LA (16-07-2011),Roscono3 (17-07-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Don't think we would allow it on loan matey tbh, Mancini wants him out the door not lingering like a bad smell. He will be sold lock stock and barrel i think bud.

We all know he is a whiny trouble maker, if he wasn't then yes a loan or maybe we wouldnt want to sell him but alas he is so we don't.

Main issue is Mancini has no time for him whatsoever and wants him fully cut away from the club, a loan doesn't fit with what the manager wants.

As you say, on his day he is unstopable, he just has no motivation to keep at it and he gets distracted and his shoulders slump, then you have a real problem Re-focussing him.

talking in the wind

Status
    i never wanted gallas and he proved me wrong,i very much doudt this wankbag would have the same effect,he has a great record of scoring against us but who hasnt????

6. Who Thanked this post

bradders (17-07-2011)

Legend !

Status
    he's a wa*ker but lets face it he's a good player and if he plays like he can imo he's unplayable. I would prefer a loan though just incase he decides to sulk.

First Team Player

Status
    I'd take any striker who played for Real Madrid last season over our current options, even half motivated he would be an improvement, plus I believe if he came he would have something to prove, trying to beat Man C for the top 4 finish.*

Legend !

Status
    Adebayor, during his days at Arsenal, was one of the top 5 strikers in the world. He could hold the ball up, finish well, had the speed and quickness to create space for a shot, and of course he's 6'3" so he had good heading. The only problem with him is motivation- as the city fan said he isn't motivated and loses focus (Pav anyone?) but I think it'd still be a good move.
    I'm holding out for Llorente after the friendly, but that's just the wishful thinking of a fan ...

Legend !

Status
    I would be surprised if we didn't even try to get him. He ticks most of the boxes of what we're looking for in a striker.

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    With LeArse:
    08/09 21 games started - 10 goals
    07/08 32 games started - 24 goals

'Nuff said.

Legend !

Status
    you guys he score a hat trick against us maybe he can teach our defender?

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    Wait a second... ****ty are asking 14 million for him!!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!!??!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Levy would have to be the biggest retard to not sign him. Look at his goal scoring record, saying he's EPL proven is an understatement. He's also 27, the perfect type of striker we're looking for, and hates LeArse as a bonus. Come on... what on earth are we waiting for. We were willing to pay 25-30 million for Rossi, who even in La Liga his goal scoring record wasn't any better than Ade's, and like I said that was in La Liga. He would take time to adapt to EPL (which imo he would never be able to drop 15 goals per), and we'd have to change things/players around if we had gotten him. We are absolutely mental to not sign him for 14 million... if Real throws in competition, throw in a 20 million bid so they back off. And then ****ty with the delusion of thinking we're not even a threat to them anymore, would probably sell.

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    I don't like this guy one bit.. but I respect that he's got a good record of scoring goals, something that we need our strikers to do..

I doubt he'd move out on Loan though, ****ty want rid of him for good.

Legend !

Status
    i think city would loan him tbh we see it more and more now. We've done it ourselves send them on loan to prove there good enough in ade's case got the right attitude. So i think it could happen.

Player in Training

Status
    Ithink he would be awesome with drogba as long as that didnt include Modric

Legend !

Status
    He can, and almost certainly will score goals for us, and would fit our system - on that front it's a no brainer. On the other hand he has a bit of a rep for being a troublemaker - but then so did Anelka for years, and he seems to have calmed down for Chelsea. On the plus side as well, his interviews would be pretty funny.

18. Who Thanked this post

MagnaThor (19-07-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter