Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Just seen an ITK saying we are in for this lad.

Not really sure why to be honest.

20032004 Estudiantes-BA 39 (17)
    20042005 Genoa 0 (0)
    20042005 → San Lorenzo (loan) 29 (
    20052007 San Lorenzo 55 (16)
    2007 Napoli 122 (35)

None of those stats jump out and say sign me. Also I feel that at 5 8" he would not be the big strong CF we need to play alone up front.

Can anyone else shed any light on this lad?

Status
    @BlueCrew LA is your man for the questions about him.

3. Who Thanked this post

Fatboyyid (25-05-2011)

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    I see that he has played for the Arges 10 times but so far no goals.

Just watched a couple of clips of him on you tube and I don't think he is right for us.

I feel we are buying a skillful Argie for the sake of it like

Messi = Barca
    Tevez = City
    Aguero = athletico
    Maxi = Liverpool
    In fact most top teams have an Argie striker and all I feel are better than this lad.

Legend !

Status
    Lavezzi is more of a Suarez type.. Plays very well with Cavani at Napoli but I don't see him fitting in here. Should be talking to Napoli for that other striker they have, not Lavezzi.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Why not both then if they play well but where does that leave VDV?

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyyid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd take them both in a package deal any day. Not sure if Lavezzi is cut out for the PL with his size but I think he could adapt. And as for VDV I think we'd have to sell him. He isn't a winger, were set at central midfield, and he and Lavezzi can't be switching roles like that. And I don't want to sell VDV.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    @<u><a href="http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/member.php?u=5232" target="_blank">BlueCrew LA</a></u> is your man for the questions about him.
    Yeah, we're after the wrong Napoli striker. Aside from that Lavezzi is decent, I would take him over some of the other strikers being mentioned for a similar price. Dare I say similar to Tevez. So while he isn't a big CF like Fatboy said we need he can be very effective playing off a big CF. He's best in a 4-3-3 formation where he can play on both wings and up front, also serve as cover for VDV. He's basically in the same mold as Gervinho which is why I imagine he's on the shortlist in case we don't get him. There's a reason why he gets call ups to the Argentina squad he's a very versatile player. He's one of those players that offers a lot that doesn't really show up on the stat sheet. He creates a lot of play and with his pace he's deadly on the counter attack.

I'd take him in a heartbeat for the right price.

Legend !

Status
    His goal count might not be high, however he had 14 assists and was a major factor for Napoli this season and he would be used as a RM/RW instead of Lennon. Very pacy, good finisher and can deliver.

Legend !

Status
    out the back door with hand prints on his back

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post
    Lavezzi is more of a Suarez type.. Plays very well with Cavani at Napoli but I don't see him fitting in here. Should be talking to Napoli for that other striker they have, not Lavezzi.
    Suarez/Tevez... Which ever...

I think you're underrating him. Actually if it wasn't for Tevez he would probably get more caps for Argentina. I don't imagine he's the only striker we're looking for and he's a quality player. He would be a very good buy given our options. I would take him over Osvaldo any day.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 25-05-2011 at 08:56 PM.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    So do we see him as a replacement for Lennon then rather than a striker?

Status
    So do we see him as a replacement for Lennon then rather than a striker?
    I guess you could view it that way. Could be competition for Lennon or a player to be rotated.

He can play as LW/RW/CAM/ST/SS.

Legend !

Status
    No thanks, majorly not a fan. Something about this guy that makes me uneasy.

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    Suarez/Tevez... Which ever...

I think you're underrating him. Actually if it wasn't for Tevez he would probably get more caps for Argentina. I don't imagine he's the only striker we're looking for and he's a quality player. He would be a very good buy given our options. I would take him over Osvaldo any day.
    I'm sure he'll get his chance now as Tevez would appear to be yesterday's fish and chip wrappings as far the Argentine coach is concerned.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivron View Post
    I'm sure he'll get his chance now as Tevez would appear to be yesterday's fish and chip wrappings as far the Argentine coach is concerned.
    I don't agree with that decision but Batista has them playing well, barca like. If they keep him until 2014 I think they have a shot. How massive would that be if Argentina won a World Cup in Brazil?

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter