Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Mystery on SC

Quote:

Ayo!

Was going to post this tomorrow, I said I would have more info, but I've been stupidly busy last night and all day today!

DL has assigned us 40M for the transfer window, PLUS whatever we claw in from the sale of other players.

The players that leaving are Niko, Gio, O'Hara, Bostock, Stipe (obviously, loan expires!), Keane, JD, Wilson and Jenas (Only if we sign Parker!)

I'm not too sure on the value of these players, but I'd imagine it will give us quite a large pot of money!

I know it's only ITK but do we think that levy would assign us a 40m budget and also add onto that the sales from various other players?

Niko 6m
    Gio 4m
    O'Hara 4m
    Bostock 500k
    Keane 4m
    JD 8m (cant see that one myself)
    Wilson 8m
    Jenas 6m

i'd also add to the list:
    Pav:6m
    Bassong: 5m

adding that lot up would give us 91m (including the 40m) which personally i dont think levy would allow. What does everyone think would be a realistic amount for us to spend? Also does everyone see these players leaving specifically and this amount of players leaving as it would empty out the squad a fair bit?

Legend !

Status
    Its an intersting one, now that we mite get europa league i think we will need alot of players, especially considering that our squad is constantly plagued by injury. But providing harry makes 1 ot 2 of his special bargain buys on top of 1 or 2 very talented players (strikers) i dont see why these players cant go.

I cant see defoe leaving and the only way we will is if we really do push the boat out and get 2 top strikers that will put him 3rd in the pecking order and next to no game time which he wants. I think your valuations are about right but i like to think Levy would get a couple mill extra.

But fookin hell 91m!!!! I surely cant see that! Maybe he's given Harry 40m to spend and it will be down to Levy to sell our dead wood and recoup virtually all that!!

Sell them and get:

Parker 6M
    Adebayor 12M
    Benzema 20m
    And maybe a midfielder as cover for LM/RM. 6M

Total:44m!! happy days. PL here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend !

Status
    4 mil for jenas tops. never get 6 mil for him.

Status
    If Levy wants to spend big I'm thinking 50m-60m. With a limit maybe of 35m for any single player. I can't see Levy allowing 'Arry to use the full transfer funds for transfers.

Personally if we can't get the marquee players we're looking for then I would like to see a us stack up on young players. Really put the scouts to work. Under the new UEFA regulations that tact is probably will be benefit us 5 years down the road.

The real question is how many 100k per/wk players will we have.

5. These users say thanks for this post

Dustin (20-05-2011),jesco29 (24-05-2011),Reserrved (20-05-2011)

Legend !

Status
    40mil+ player sales should be more than enough for what we're after! Get shopping 'arry!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i would say no more than 2 seeing as we're not really sure of incomes for the next few years yet. Once we get work started on a new stadium or a constant berth in the CL then i think we'll see that policy change drastically, but for now i think being cautious is the best bet.

Legend !

Status
    Worst Case scenario I see at least 60m, enough for Adebayor/Llorente/Cavani, Damiao/Wickham, Parker, Samba/Distin, and possibly a young player. Sounds good to me!

Legend !

Status
    that's a point i forgot to add hutton and bentley to that list as well. It's almost silly the amount of players we have sitting on the sidelines doing nothing- still good for raising money on football manager :P

First Team Player

Status
    Forget spreading the budget on centre back, goalkeeper, left back and striker.

Blow the lot on a big name striker. All of it. Make do with Cudicini and BAE for a little longer. Just get that striker.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Well if we have 40m given and earn 46m in sales anyone for Messi

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Levy wants to spend big I'm thinking 50m-60m. With a limit maybe of 35m for any single player. I can't see Levy allowing 'Arry to use the full transfer funds for transfers.

Personally if we can't get the marquee players we're looking for then I would like to see a us stack up on young players. Really put the scouts to work. Under the new UEFA regulations that tact is probably will be benefit us 5 years down the road.

totally agree

Legend !

Status
    I just cant see us spending 90 odd million on players, i bloody love to see it and i can remember harry saying on 3 or 4 occasions he wants 2or3 'special' players so maybe. I just dont want everyone getting carried away and then all we do is make one or 2 bargain buys lol.

I wouldnt like us to put all our eggs in one basket and blow it all on a striker, and its not in harry/levy's nature to do that however i would expect a 25-30m player and 2 cheaper but talented ones like Ade and Hazard if i had my choice.

massive bellend according to bigdub

Status
    Ohh i'm so looking forward to the transfer market!

Status
    We will not be spending 90 million or anywhere near close to that. We'll spend about 45-50 if were lucky and keep the rest for wages and anything else we need to cover.

THTV Donator

Status
    How reliable are the ITK's and this ITK in particular?

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter