Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Jones ITK

Legend !

Status
    Just read the ITK in @spursman18 thread. I think this would be a very good signing. Young, English, no-nonsense centre-half probably available for about 12-15m (less if Blackburn go down). Him, Dawson and Kaboul would set up our central defence for a good few years yet I would think. Did I imagine it or can he play full-back too?

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Don't think kaboul is good enough

Legend !

Status
    he looks like he could be a very good midfielder as well think they'll be a lot of clubs after him

Legend !

Status
    Kaboul has a long way to go before he's ready for being our centre back, but he's an excellent right back IMO.

Having said that he was at the heart of the defence that beat Inter Milan for example and he was excellent that night. I think by the time Gallas leaves/retires he'll be ready, because all he is lacking is experience.

Back on topic, I think Phil Jones is an exciting young player. He's been great when I've watched him this season, although I haven't watched him enough to make a proper judgement. I try to avoid watching Blackburn whenever possible

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kaboul has a long way to go before he's ready for being our centre back, but he's an excellent right back IMO.

Having said that he was at the heart of the defence that beat Inter Milan for example and he was excellent that night. I think by the time Gallas leaves/retires he'll be ready, because all he is lacking is experience.

Back on topic, I think Phil Jones is an exciting young player. He's been great when I've watched him this season, although I haven't watched him enough to make a proper judgement. I try to avoid watching Blackburn whenever
    possible
    He would be a decent signing and one for the future to seriously consider.

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Caulker and Jones. The next Tottenham defensive partnership for the next decade . . . or two.

Legend !

Status
    Jones has shown incredible ability so far, and he would be a magnificent signing. Can't think of anyone else I'd rather have to replace Woody.

jaws music hee hee

Status
    I'm not convinced we'll stand much chance of signing him, but I'd love it if we did. He has a LOT of interest and deservedly so, but I couldnt really see him choosing us over some of the other clubs that are supposedly in for him. I'm more than happy to be proved wrong though.

Status
    I think Liverpool or Ars*nal are his likely destination

Status
    I think Arsenal, which would disappoint me because I really rate that kid. I would rather see him go to Liverpool.

talking in the wind

Status
    is this the tip peter got from his hairdresser?????,what were you get your perm sorted you big bleeding blouse ha ha

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcire View Post
    is this the tip peter got from his hairdresser?????,what were you get your perm sorted you big bleeding blouse ha ha
    lol no, his news was about Young going to United.

13. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (06-05-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I'd love Jones here. He's absolute quality.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdfc View Post
    I try to avoid watching Blackburn whenever possible
    I may not have sky, but watching a blackburn game is a horror of the modern world that must be avoided nonetheless.

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    Indeed I haven't watched much of Blackburn and I'm proud of it, so I haven't even heard of this guy. But 15 million?? Man what is this, I thought we were looking to spend that sort of money (and a little more) on a striker?? And what's with this renewed interest in Charlie Adam? We don't even have a spot for imo on of the best performing D-Mids this calendar year in Sandro, how would we make space for him? I know he plays a difference midfield role, but still we have so many that are between being nearly as good as him or much better, so spending so much on Adam is ridiculous as well.

I don't understand that post in the ITK about 10 of our 11 men are leaving in the summer. Is it just my eyes, or does it really say TEN OF THE STARTING 11 ARE LIKELY TO DEPART??!!!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter