Register To Comment
    Player in Training

Status
    Hi,
    I've been a Spurs fan for about five years now, and had a good group of fellow fans who met mostly at Fado in Philadelphia for matches. I moved to Pittsburgh a few months ago and haven't been as lucky. So I thought I'd join up here to have the chance to banter some more with Spurs supporters.

I was prompted to do so even more today because I need some advice. One of my Philadelphia friends (longtime Spurs supporter) and I have been trying to plan a trip for a match at White Hart Lane for months, and the dates finally worked out so that we can go for the ManU match. Great! But then we started looking for tickets, and the prices are nose-bleedingly high. Any advice on this? They've crept up slightly over the last week, now over 200GBP per seat plus fees. I just have no context for where those end up. Up, down or unpredictable? Any hints, suggestions, or ways to get into the ground other than the online brokers would be appreciated. We have a friend in London (for a mailing address) but he's useless as far as helping otherwise.

Legend !

Status
    hi and a massive warm welcome

enjoy your time here

i love abit of niall quinn me

Status
    choose an easier game to get into and it wont be as costly and easier to get to. "Thomas Cook sports travel" do football packages but for this game they've sold out and they were 229.00 per ticket - now Ive got 3 tickets, so if you want to offer me 150 for each Id seriously consider it !! but other than that I can let you know if there are any returns, but more likely to Elvis Pressley joining John Lennon for an unofficial gig in Memphis than that happening.

4. Who Thanked this post

flipper1 (23-01-2012)

Player in Training

Status
    Wotspur, you offer some perfectly reasonable advice (about picking a less popular game), but this happens to be the one weekend myself and the other guy from the US can make it.

The biggest problem with the online touts (other than the prices) is that they all seem to be incredibly shifty. Reviews online are full of tickets paid for and not delivered, or delivered one hour prior to the match, or the worst one seems to be the scam where they call your hotel two hours prior to the match and say "Our broker is going to be [some place 30 minutes away] in 15 minutes with the tickets, if you don't get there, it's not our problem." Most seem to have a few decent reviews mixed in as well, to cloud the picture.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter