Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Player in Training

Status
    Hi everyone!

I'm a new member from darkest Cornwall, near the very end. Pretty much an armchair fan but an enthusiastic one. I am fascinated by the psychology of the football supporter!

Kim

THTV Donator

Status
    OK, I'm slightly worried about your 'psychology of the football supporter' statement so I will ask 3 questions before I say 'Welcome'

1 Are you a real Nottingham Hotspur fan?
    2 Do you think Matt Dawson is out best striker?
    3 Who was our best manger - Bill Nicholson or Juande Ramos?

Massive apologies if you are a kosher Yid, but if you are some kind of anal-yst, or the-rapist then I'd toddle off to this page - Arsenal Forum - Index page if I were you.

Player in Training

Status
    What a lovely welcome. Good grief.

Legend!

Status
    welcome lol, have fun

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bradders View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    welcome lol, have fun
    Thank you, bradders. Appreciated.

Legend!

Status
    dorset's only having a laugh (i think) lol

Status
    Don't mind Dorset , we let him out for a pee every so often . ( sorry Dorset )

Welcome to the forum .

hey you guys

Status
    Ok I'll cut down the middle:

The On-your-side bit - Welcome to the forum Kimi.

The Not-on-your-side-bit -
    I can understand DorsetSpursFan's cautiousness about you. Normally new members would mention something about our club; such as how long they've been following the club or how they became a fan of the club. You haven't mentioned either thing. On top of that, what you have mentioned about 'the psychology of the football supporter' suggests that you are one of those users who simply floats from forum to forum with either no interest or a tendency to 'flame'.

We have had those in the past including an FHM model who managed to pretend she's a fan of Spurs, blag her way in simply for getting more votes as FHM something of the year (not suggesting you are from FHM though), then she left and hasn't returned.

I will not make any judgements about you yet as it's not in my nature, but forums don't usually take a shine to people who they don't think are committed to its content...

9. Who Thanked this post

Rev John Ripsher (08-01-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Welcome to the forum mate.. Ditto to the above..

11. Who Thanked this post

weirddave (08-01-2012)

Legend !

Status
    hi and a massive warm welcome

enjoy your time here

Status
    Welcome to the forum @Kimi. If you're interested in the psychology(ies) of the football supporter, you've come to the right place. I suggest you consult any of @gazza's posts as a primer.

14. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (11-01-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Welcome to the forum. Don't know what all the hullabaloo is about. I'll read your posts before I form any sort of opinion. Enjoy yourself!

Legend !

Status
    Welcome to the forum!

Player in Training

Status
    Thanks for the welcomes from those who have welcomed me. That's great!

As for the suspicious, I thought it went without saying that a person on a Spurs forum would support Spurs.

If I was a troll or some such, I'd hardly be likely to say 'oh, yes, you're right. Got me', am I? All that's done is make me wary. The psychology remark was tongue in cheek (admittedly, that's not obvious but some benefit of the doubt would be nice) and because I do find it interesting but not because I'm writing a thesis or anything. If I don't continue here, it won't be because I am not just another Spurs fan, but because of those sort of comments. I have no wish to run online gauntlets since there is nothing I can say to prove I don't have ulterior motives, other than say so.

talking in the wind

Status
    Kim first off welcome to the forum and lease excuse some of the posts above, but you will understand tensions are running high because we're doing rather well and the scum are not, this has lead to the odd one popping up here to have sly digs, so anyone who doesn't declare their undying love for spurs is viewed with suspicion, all rather childish I know but that's us football fans for you lol, feel free to tell them to piss off if you want and I'm sure you will grow to love the forum as we all do, any hassle or if you feel uncomfortable by anyone's posts directed at you pm me and I'll sort it

19. Who Thanked this post

SuperSpur (11-01-2012)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter