Register To Comment
    First Team Player

Status
    Hello everyone, my name is Sean. (done in my robotic like voice)

I am a relative newbie to supporting the club as it has only been about 4 years. I have followed the sport since around 1980 as that is when I started playing it. I was like many Americans in that I followed mostly national team football although through various tv specials on football, I was introduced to Bayern Munich and Liverpool. I learned that those weren't the clubs for me.

I got into club football but I never really could follow it as we didn't have all the tv and internet access to regularly keep up with it 24/7, 365 days a year. About 5, almost 6, years ago I finally got above slow internet speed plus good enough cable tv access which allowed me to follow all the various European football leagues.

The English Premier League and the Bundesliga are my favorites. I went into trying to find which clubs clicked with me in various ways as I knew in the end it would be the club choosing me not me choosing the club. Over a little time, it was obvious that Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund were the clubs I really enjoyed watching and supporting.

So here I am. I lurked for a little bit and I enjoy how it seems like a very friendly forum.

It is really nice to meet everyone of you! I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday so far!!

2. These users say thanks for this post

AmericanHotspur (02-01-2012),thfcire (31-12-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Hello and Welcome

There is someone in my office that comes from Phoenix Arizona, Quite why she chose Ipswich over Phoenix I can't understand

But good choice in Spurs as a club to follow especially at the moment

4. Who Thanked this post

aztattooedsean (06-01-2012)

talking in the wind

Status
    A very big welcome to the forum, enjoy your time here

6. Who Thanked this post

First Team Player

Status
    Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your time here

8. Who Thanked this post

Legend !

Status
    hi and a massive warm welcome

enjoy your time here

10. Who Thanked this post

Legend !

Status
    welcome mate..

12. Who Thanked this post

First Team Player

Status
    Thanks everyone! It has been enjoyable to see the recent success these last couple seasons but it was just the overall feeling one gets soaking in the atmosphere and the general playing style and cohesion between the players that really pulled me in. I am definitely not a glory hunter. I root for the Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns and damn it, I will be waiting till I am 90 for any glory there.

Legend !

Status
    Welcome to the forum Sean

You've definitely chosen two great clubs there.

15. Who Thanked this post

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome to the forum Sean

You've definitely chosen two great clubs there.

Thanks but I don't believe we or anyone chooses a club, they choose us.

Legend !

Status
    welcome to the forum sean. enjoy the talk. COYS

18. Who Thanked this post

Legend !

Status
    welcome to the forum!

COYS!

20. Who Thanked this post

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    welcome to the forum sean. enjoy the talk. COYS

thank you and I like the wenger smiley although everyone wasn't so lucky for that to be him today when he was doing his typical whining around the side lines.

22. Who Thanked this post

BigDub (03-01-2012)

First Team Player

Status
    I can't tell you already in the short time on the forum how much more welcoming you all are than a certain other Spurs forum!! Thank you!! I look forward to really diving into many more threads!!

THTV Donator

Status
    Welcome! This IS a nice place. I lurked a bit on other forums unitl I found my true home amongst these (mostly) fine gentlemen and of course our wonderful lady members!

25. Who Thanked this post

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DorsetSpursFan View Post
    Welcome! This IS a nice place. I lurked a bit on other forums unitl I found my true home amongst these (mostly) fine gentlemen and of course our wonderful lady members!

Yeah, I agree. I visited a few other not as friendly Spurs forums. I will never understand the need to be unsocial with your fellow football club supporters.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter