Register To Comment
    Player in Training

Status
    Hi Spurs. Feel like a bit of an imposter, but my brother is a huge fan of yours, and I have a soft spot.
    I also (occasionally) cover your home games for my local paper in islington. Great view from the press box!
    Anyway, I was once a Spurs fan too (My brother would often beat me up if I didn't support you). Actually that bit's not true, but I was a real fan and remember Chivers, Gilzean, Perryman...and even Barry Daines and Tony Want. I go back a bit!
    Great times, and always a great club.
    But since 1977, I have supported Plymouth Argyle - you know, the worst team in the Football League, officially.
    You will all be aware of the club's predicament, and now I am asking for your support this Saturday.
    As it's an international weekend, and you'll all be at a loose end, how about coming down to Home Park for a bit of rubbish football?
    It's Argyle's 125th anniversary, and it forms part of Fans Reunited Part 2, where other clubs' fans will be coming down to support the super greens, as they bid to stave off liquidation.
    Some of you might already be coming down, but it would be great if there were more.
    It's only £12.50 to get in, and there's a FansFest before and after the match, where you'll all be made welcome. £5 includes a pint, pasty and entertainment. Full details from the pasoti messageboards.
    So, as the only live televised sport this Saturday is the Topps Tiles inter-Island Cup first round proper match between American Solomon Islands Rovers and Spitsbergen Whalehunters Social Club, it'd be a great opportunity to come down and see a different kind of football from what you are used to.
    And, it's against Accrington Stanley! How famous and fantastic is that name in English football!?
    Thanks for reading, and COYS!

Legend !

Status
    If i was in England, I would glady. Sad to see clubs going downhill like that. Good luck on getting back up and hope you get a full turn up this week!

Legend !

Status
    I would but it's a long way away. Put petrol onto that cost and it's not a cheap football day out after all

Player in Training

Status
    Argylepaul has beaten me to it ... but whilst I've registered now, I may as well add my post as well (has a few links in it for you guys (and girls) to look at).

Hello everyone. My name is Sue and I am an avid Plymouth Argyle supporter (in peace).

I hope you don’t mind that I’ve ‘gate crashed’ your board tonight … but it’s the only time I will do this.As you are on an international break, I thought I would send out an ‘invitation’ … in the hope you would like to attend. But firstly, I’d like to explain why this would mean so much to us;

I don’t know if you have been aware of this, but Plymouth Argyle hit financial difficulties at the beginning of this year and has been in administration since March. We’ve had a really tough time of things, especially from a proposed bidder who ended up wasting 5 months of our time, causing our debts to rise further and our players and staff to suffer severe financial difficulties by having to defer their wages month after month (just so they could keep our club from going into liquidation.)With thanks to them - our staff, players, fans and supporters groups alike have collectively done everything we possibly could to keep us ‘alive and kicking’ still (albeit our results and position in the football pyramid is looking far from pretty for us … though, given the extreme circumstances we have been in, it’s understandable).

But thankfully, we are nearing an end game now, where we hope to be taken over by a ‘decent’ new owner sometime next week and, at long last, we’ll be able to put this whole sorry saga to bed and look forward to rebuilding a new era for our club.

So how can you help / what am I doing on here??

Putting our troubles aside … we have a very special occasion coming up on Saturday 8th October. Plymouth Argyle will be celebrating its 125th Anniversary (with a home match being played against Accrington Stanley).After all the doom and gloom we have been through … we are in need of a ‘feel good’ factor to lift up the spirits of everyone at our club and it so happens that our 125th Anniversary also coincides with another Fans Reunited day. On 24th September, footy fans came down to us (wearing their colours and in peace) from all over the country to join us, in support of our club being saved. It was a fantastic day and we knew at the time that a 2nd one had already been planned to take place.

So, if you feel you would like to … here is our invite

http://www.pafc.co.uk/staticFiles/87...~167815,00.pdf

Also, here is a written piece a Norwich fan went home to report on his football forum, about the special day he had.

Fans Re-United @ Plymouth... A City fans view - pink'un

A great read … from what was a great day all round (with this photo giving you an idea of true football fans coming together and having a good time).

DSC_4567

Once again, I’m sorry to have ‘gate crashed’ your board … but it’s the only way I could get the invite ‘out and about’ to footy fans. Even if a few of you decided to turn up, it would be great to see your colours mixed amongst ours and everyone else!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this … hope to see some of you there
    Last edited by suuepollard; 05-10-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Legend !

Status
    hi and a massive warm welcome

enjoy your time here

talking in the wind

Status
    why is this thread closed??????????????? reopened for a good cause

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter