Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status
    France ought to hang their heads in shame, & so should FIFA for that matter.

This whole seeding business that FIFA brought in all of a sudden stinks & for France to then be completely outplayed & get thru via a deflection & an offside/handball goal is just so contemptuous.

I think it really is disgusting. I don't mind games getting decided on wrong decisions but when it is such clear cheating that slips by, it is sickening.

France ought to be ashamed of themselves tonight. If England played they way France did tonight & got thru via a goal like that I genuinely don't think I would watch the WC. It is such a farce.

Platini has been left with egg all over his face & I really hope Ireland appeal to FIFA just so I can see him squirming. He banned Eduardo for diving when Celtic appealed to UEFA & Anelka's dive tonight, which he didn't get away with anyway but just shows that France were trying to cheat their way to the WC, was just as blatant, if not more.

France have been woeful in qualifying, the only beat the Faroe Islands by 1 goal! Against Ireland they were terrible. Boring, slow a bunch of individuals on the pitch & they simply do not deserve to be going to South Africa at all.

If they go anywhere near winning the damn thing it will be the biggest mockery of world football ever.

As a nation they should be hanging their heads tonight &, if they had any sense of honour, they would forfeit their position on the basis they are a bunch of lying, dirty, cheating, miserable, Gooner scum in blue
    Last edited by basskadet; 19-11-2009 at 12:24 AM.

talking in the wind

Status
    bass mate i couldnt put it any better myself cheers

Status
    At least they won't last long in the world cup given there form over the last year.

Ireland were robbed. France were awful and shouldn't be there.

First Team Player

Status
    The most blatant handball since the 'hand of God' What would you expect from an ex-gooner anyway? 'Disgraceful' might be a soft word though.
    On the bright side, they will stick to Domenech which is good for anyone due to face France in the World Cup.

First Team Player

Status
    Absolutely agree, Bass. I've never liked the French but after tonight's POS I swear I'll hate everything about them til the day I die. Cheating thieves...As for Henry, I never respected him anyway, former goon ****e, but now I really only wish him the worst; he made a mockery of the beautiful game of football tonight and he needs to be punished for it......

Irish were absolutely robbed tonight and I feel for all the boys on their squad and the entire Irish nation, too. Ridiculous...just ridiculous

VIP Member

Status
    I was thinking about it some more & I keep hearing people say that (not on this forum), if it were England possibly not going to the WC & 1 of our players did an 'Henry', I would not care a jot . . .

. . . actually, I f-ing would. I am not just saying that because I'm gutted for Ireland either, I genuinely would care, a great deal too.

Its not just the fact that they cheated, its that they were so poor & completely outplayed. That was England not so long ago. We were very poor under McClaren & got completely outplayed by Croatia, meaning we did not go to the EUROs. Yes, I was absolutely distraught we were not going but, at the same time, I was pleased that we were not going because I did not feel we deserved it at all. If we had gone to the Euros it would've only papered over our cracks as a team & I would not have been proud of us at all, & that's if we had scored a genuine goal.

If we scored that goal to take us to the WC I would be deeply embarrassed. I want to feel proud of my country & that would not make me proud in the slightest. I couldn't follow them to the WC with my head held high, it would be awful
    Last edited by basskadet; 19-11-2009 at 12:59 AM.

7. Who Thanked this post

jesco29 (19-11-2009)

Legend !

Status
    They'll be out before the knock-out stages. What goes around comes around.

First Team Player

Status
    I hope Henry gets sent to jail somehow and gets raped by a big floppy donkey ****, him and that pile of crap Diarra. Platini can shove his World Cup up his ass, who the **** changes the rules half way through a ****ing competition, just because his beloved France and his other larger more popular countries were under performing and in danger of not getting through. What a joke.

10. Who Thanked this post

Justice (19-11-2009)

Banned !

Status
    The biggest mistake ever made was stageing the world cup in France . Their football was vitually a unfollowed sport until they staged the WC and won it . Now the fvckers think they invented football and are allowed to bend the rules to suit themselves because the game was their creation .

The problem is that Platini is gonna prove hard to shift from his seat , so we are gonna see a lot more of his "Anti British Isle's Sh!t" until he is cast out . When he goes he will have a say on who gets brought in and that person will always have him in his ear .

The referee is at fault here , as there was 4 hands in the air before Henry passed the ball across for the header , but when they all turned to see if he had seen it the referee was practically sitting in the stands .

I know exactly how the R.O.I. feel because we had the same thing happen to us when we were in the quarter final of the competition in 1986 , and it still hurts today .

YouTube - Maradonna Gods Hand

But Maradonna practically single handedly went on to win the world cup with Magic like this

YouTube - Maradona Goal V England 1986

Which took the sting away a little

Legend !

Status
    FIFA should be ashamed they have proven that football has became all about money

Player in Training

Status
    France 1-1 Republic of Ireland (first leg 1-0)
    Goals: William Gallas 103 (France); Robbie Keane 32 (Republic of Ireland)
    The story of the game
    Hosts France were kept completely quiet in the first half by an Ireland team burning with passion, conviction and the desire to battle for every ball. Robbie Keane’s strike not long after the half-hour was just reward for the efforts the visitors had put in and it took heroics from France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris to limit the damage to one goal. Les Bleus came into the contest after the break but remained vulnerable to Irish attacks, meaning the tie had to be resolved in extra time, when William Gallas equalised to send his team through to their fourth consecutive finals.
    The key moment
    After 180 hard-fought minutes, the fate of both teams was decided by a moment of drama in extra time. The outcome remained in the balance until the very last second, and when the final whistle was blown the disappointed Irish could hold their heads up high.
    The man of the match
    France have long been looking for a successor to Fabien Barthez and they have found the perfect candidate in Hugo Lloris. In this game, as in the opening leg, the Lyon No1 bolstered his burgeoning reputation with a string of top-class saves.

the above is what fifa had to say about the match not one mention of the hand ball

Legend !

Status
    remember Terry Butcher saying after that game that he said to Maradona did you handball and he said no, so he shook his hand, but if he'd seen the video evidence he would've smashed his face in

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBillyNick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    remember Terry Butcher saying after that game that he said to Maradona did you handball and he said no, so he shook his hand, but if he'd seen the video evidence he would've smashed his face in

Yes , i see Terry Butcher was still ready to give maradonna a good hiding when he was Scotland coach and they were playing against Argentina , i cant find the interview but here's a snippet

I'll never forgive Maradona, says Terry Butcher - The Daily Record

First Team Player

Status
    ****ing cheats i hope henry gets both his ****ing legs broken dirty cheaing scum

Legend !

Status
    Just been on radio, Irish FA have asked FIFA for the game to be replayed

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter