Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    I mean really, we get three bleedin' months with no football. The media get everyone worked up about the start of a new season. Transfer deadline day comes with all that brings and then... not a ****ing whisper for two weeks for increasingly less interesting international qualifiers.

I can cope with the other international breaks, it's this one, three weeks into a new season, that gets my goat. ****ing FIFA.

Anyway, that is all.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantpie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean really, we get three bleedin' months with no football. The media get everyone worked up about the start of a new season. Transfer deadline day comes with all that brings and then... not a ****ing whisper for two weeks for increasingly less interesting international qualifiers.

I can cope with the other international breaks, it's this one, three weeks into a new season, that gets my goat. ****ing FIFA.

Anyway, that is all.
    Why don't you just go bowling? Or use the spare time to catch up on any Dallas episodes you might have missed? Or maybe you could go to the supermarket and buy a load of bananas and sit in the town center and eat them all and get yourself a mention in the Guinness Book of records for eating the most number bananas in Yorkshire? Or perhaps you could read Sepp Blatter's auto-biography, or send an e-mail to Neil Armstrong as a belated congratulations for landing on the moon. Or you could design a sensible means of implementing a salary cap in English football and present it to the F.A. Or maybe you could go to the zoo and feed an Owl.

Or you could just watch the International footy over the coming days!

3. These users say thanks for this post

rudi (02-09-2011),TehLondoner (06-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-spur View Post
    Why don't you just go bowling? Or use the spare time to catch up on any Dallas episodes you might have missed? Or maybe you could go to the supermarket and buy a load of bananas and sit in the town center and eat them all and get yourself a mention in the Guinness Book of records for eating the most number bananas in Yorkshire? Or perhaps you could read Sepp Blatter's auto-biography, or send an e-mail to Neil Armstrong as a belated congratulations for landing on the moon. Or you could design a sensible means of implementing a salary cap in English football and present it to the F.A. Or maybe you could go to the zoo and feed an Owl.

Or you could just watch the International footy over the coming days!
    I would but I did all that during the summer! Including the 'watch the international footy' bit (if you count the U-21 Euros).

Maybe I'll go and take part in non-league day and watch Sheffield FC tomorrow.

Legend !

Status
    I would but I did all that during the summer! Including the 'watch the international footy' bit (if you count the U-21 Euros).

Maybe I'll go and take part in non-league day and watch Sheffield FC tomorrow.
    I read about that in the paper today, sounds good. Long ball, windy days, defenders hoofing it out. Just how football was meant to be!!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-spur View Post
    I read about that in the paper today, sounds good. Long ball, windy days, defenders hoofing it out. Just how football was meant to be!!
    Ahhh, reminds me of the good old days. Like any time we played with Crouch up front last season.

7. These users say thanks for this post

dan-spur (02-09-2011),rudi (02-09-2011)

THTV Donator

Status
    Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, it gives our wounded players a bit more recovery time. BUT, as we have SO many players on international duties, they'll probably all get injured ..... Oh no..... I'm turning into ......... a negative whining fecker........... quick take a swig of the antidote..........(glug, glug, glug - mmmmmm home made grog , so no tax for the MPs to nick) .......... ahhh that's better. The lads on International duties will return, uninjured with a new sense of pride and purpose! Yaaayyy - come on England, France, Wales, Croatia, Russia, Cameroon, Mexico and maybe Holland.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DorsetSpursFan View Post
    Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, it gives our wounded players a bit more recovery time. BUT, as we have SO many players on international duties, they'll probably all get injured ..... Oh no..... I'm turning into ......... a negative whining fecker........... quick take a swig of the antidote..........(glug, glug, glug - mmmmmm home made grog , so no tax for the MPs to nick) .......... ahhh that's better. The lads on International duties will return, uninjured with a new sense of pride and purpose! Yaaayyy - come on England, France, Wales, Croatia, Russia, Cameroon, Mexico and maybe Holland.
    Oh aye, I accept that, it's just that that doesn't help me and my disgruntlement at a lack of football I give two ****s about to watch. I've been getting into my Bundesliga this season too (we should have signed Papis Demba Cisse from Freiburg BTW) and there's none of that either.

Pass the grog.

Legend !

Status
    Ooh I love the internationals. When I were a lad and the world was entirely beige, internationals were the only time I got to see outfield players with beards. It all seemed impossibly exotic to me.

11. Who Thanked this post

iwantpie (03-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I must say, whilst i enjoy watching England play...................I also agree it is very early in the season for a break!

First Team Player

Status
    i can see your point but we are of to hampden tomorrow and tuesday it will be rockin 2 must win games for us,then a wee break and 4 spurs games in a row cant wait

Legend !

Status
    I love the international break because it's the only time ANY "soccer" games are televised in the U.S. (I could illegal stream some I guess but I already do it 38 times a year ) ... Anyways, second game of the Klinsmann era tonight!

Legend !

Status

Anyway, that is all.
    Read a book? Internationals get on my nerves to especially since I have been hungry for Spurs football.

Legend !

Status
    Actually, with Tottenham's form and injuries to be honest I don't think it could possibly have come at a better time!

Legend !

Status
    I continue my one-man crusade against international breaks.

To summarise:

I ****ing hate them.

18. Who Thanked this post

donatorbelondon (09-11-2011)

Legend !

Status
    We just dont need these games, players like Parker & Walker need a rest.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter