Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Well I am gonna be busy until the match kicks off just wanna say good luck to my yidoAmerican brothers on here. I personally have had enough of the so called"eternal rivalry" but eh hope its a good match today and can't wait to see what Mr. K has in mind.

2. Who Thanked this post

stroud_jm (10-08-2011)

Banned !

Status
    Oh its a eternal rivalry ... that's why those americans almost kicked my ass in a club when i was wearing that aztec style mexico jersey..

oh well at least the girls loved that outfit, they may have been very drunk but still ..

Legend !

Status
    It is a bit sad that the most exciting part of our squad right now is the manager. Looking forward to the match though.

Legend !

Status
    U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION
    GOALKEEPERS (2): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Tim Howard (Everton)
    DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Zach Loyd (FC Dallas), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls)
    MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca)
    FORWARDS (5): Freddy Adu (Benfica), Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Edson Buddle (FC Ingolstadt), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

ROSTER NOTES
    • Zach Loyd replaced defender Timmy Chandler, and midfielder Robbie Rogers is filling in for Maurice Edu who suffered a left calf strain over the weekend. Clarence Goodson was also forced to withdraw from the squad with a hamstring strain but was not replaced.
    • Thirteen of the 22 players on the roster ply their trade overseas, featuring in nine different leagues across eight foreign countries.
    • Five players play in Germany (Michael Bradley, Edson Buddle, Steve Cherundolo, Ricardo Clark, Jermaine Jones) and four play in Mexico (DaMarcus Beasley, Edgar Castillo, Michael Orozco, Jose Torres).
    • Landon Donovan leads all U.S. scorers with 46 career goals. Beasley is next with 17, followed by defender Carlos Bocanegra with 12 total.
    • Bradley has nine goals in 59 appearances for the full team, with eight of his goals coming in official competitions.
    • Three World Cup veterans could see their first time since the 2010 FIFA World Cup: Beasley, Clark and Torres.
    • Torres, who holds both U.S. and Mexican passports and chose to represent the United States, has yet to face Mexico at the international level. He has twice been listed as a reserve in games against El Tri.
    • The New York Red Bulls and FC Dallas are the only teams to contribute two players to the U.S. roster. Juan Agudelo and Tim Ream join from the Red Bulls, while Loyd and Brek Shea come from Dallas.
    • Shea is currently in third place in scoring in MLS this season behind Donovan and Thierry Henry. The 21-year-old has netted nine goals in 22 games.
    • Agudelo became the first alumnus of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy to play and score for the full team when he tallied the game-winner on Nov. 17, 2010, against South Africa.
    • Beasley and Bocanegra are both just seven games shy of reaching 100 caps.
    • Bill Hamid is the only player on the roster who has yet to earn a cap.
    • Hamid was the first D.C. United player signed from their Academy system. The goalkeeper penned a contract with the full team in 2009.

Legend !

Status
    FINALLY Brek Shea gets a call-up! I've been praising this guy since last year's MLS Cup, said he was going to be involved with the NT soon and will be playing in Europe soon.
    He has 2 caps- one vs. Colombia and one vs. Chile- and he was pretty average in both games, I must admit. However just look at what he's done in the MLS this season- the best American player aside from Donovan IMO (and yes, I am prepared to defend that point lol)

He's 6'3", plays striker, winger, behind the striker, center back, everywhere. Pretty fast too. Here's hoping Klinsmann realizes that this kid is the future.

Legend !

Status
    Boo! I hope Clark doesn't even sit on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Stateside Nate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION
    GOALKEEPERS (2): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Tim Howard (Everton)
    DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Zach Loyd (FC Dallas), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls)
    MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca)
    FORWARDS (5): Freddy Adu (Benfica), Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Edson Buddle (FC Ingolstadt), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

ROSTER NOTES
    • Zach Loyd replaced defender Timmy Chandler, and midfielder Robbie Rogers is filling in for Maurice Edu who suffered a left calf strain over the weekend. Clarence Goodson was also forced to withdraw from the squad with a hamstring strain but was not replaced.
    • Thirteen of the 22 players on the roster ply their trade overseas, featuring in nine different leagues across eight foreign countries.
    • Five players play in Germany (Michael Bradley, Edson Buddle, Steve Cherundolo, Ricardo Clark, Jermaine Jones) and four play in Mexico (DaMarcus Beasley, Edgar Castillo, Michael Orozco, Jose Torres).
    • Landon Donovan leads all U.S. scorers with 46 career goals. Beasley is next with 17, followed by defender Carlos Bocanegra with 12 total.
    • Bradley has nine goals in 59 appearances for the full team, with eight of his goals coming in official competitions.
    • Three World Cup veterans could see their first time since the 2010 FIFA World Cup: Beasley, Clark and Torres.
    • Torres, who holds both U.S. and Mexican passports and chose to represent the United States, has yet to face Mexico at the international level. He has twice been listed as a reserve in games against El Tri.
    • The New York Red Bulls and FC Dallas are the only teams to contribute two players to the U.S. roster. Juan Agudelo and Tim Ream join from the Red Bulls, while Loyd and Brek Shea come from Dallas.
    • Shea is currently in third place in scoring in MLS this season behind Donovan and Thierry Henry. The 21-year-old has netted nine goals in 22 games.
    • Agudelo became the first alumnus of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy to play and score for the full team when he tallied the game-winner on Nov. 17, 2010, against South Africa.
    • Beasley and Bocanegra are both just seven games shy of reaching 100 caps.
    • Bill Hamid is the only player on the roster who has yet to earn a cap.
    • Hamid was the first D.C. United player signed from their Academy system. The goalkeeper penned a contract with the full team in 2009.

First Team Player

Status
    Pumped for the game. Really interested to see what Klinsmann does in terms of the selection and shape of the team.

First Team Player

Status
    I'll be attending this one at the Linc. We can't expect JK to work miracles this quickly, but one has to respect his leadership and insight. With all due respect to Bob Bradley, Klinsmann has been involved as a player at the highest levels. His presence will have an impact.
    In the meantime, I'm trying to sneak in watching Luka vs Ireland between my work breaks.

Status
    Klinsi's brought a lot of excitement, but he still has the same players. I'm not going to get my hopes up too much for this one, this is a long term project, and I'm going to be patient.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stroud_jm View Post
    Klinsi's brought a lot of excitement, but he still has the same players. I'm not going to get my hopes up too much for this one, this is a long term project, and I'm going to be patient.
    I really hope he sets his team and gives some well deserved MLS players their chance at the national team.

Legend !

Status
    brek shea looks really good

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post
    FINALLY Brek Shea gets a call-up! I've been praising this guy since last year's MLS Cup, said he was going to be involved with the NT soon and will be playing in Europe soon.
    He has 2 caps- one vs. Colombia and one vs. Chile- and he was pretty average in both games, I must admit. However just look at what he's done in the MLS this season- the best American player aside from Donovan IMO (and yes, I am prepared to defend that point lol)

He's 6'3", plays striker, winger, behind the striker, center back, everywhere. Pretty fast too. Here's hoping Klinsmann realizes that this kid is the future.
    called it.. Just created a very nice goal, all by himself. Already making an impact elsewhere on the pitch as well.

THTV Donator

Status
    Anyone else think Torres has looked good since he moved to the middle? I rate him, and I'm glad he's getting a chance under the new regime. Shea has also been good after disappointing his last few usmnt apps.

Legend !

Status
    Shea almost scored again. Also I agree @Modric, level 25 magician - We've looked much more lively since he's moved there. Bradley was ineffective, he should be playing deep with Jones or Beckerman. I wish Klinsmann would try 2 strikers up top though.

Status
    That was a red card!!!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter