Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    FIFA.com - FIFA U-20 World Cup

I saw the England V Argentina game last night and was not too impressed with either team TBH .

The score was 0-0 and means that England have not won an U20 WC game for 12 matches now . We drew our previous group F game 0-0 too .

So I did some digging here.. FIFA U-20 World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and came up with the following .

We scored only 1 goal in the last U20 WC in 2009 , didn't qualify for either of the 2007 or 2005 U20 WC's , In 2003 we lost 3 times and didn't score any goals , didn't qualify for the 2001 , In 1999 we also lost 3 times and also scored no goals

That is an unenviable record of 2 goals in 12 games since losing to Argentina in the round of 16 in 1997

Holey Moley .

EDIT : 2 goals in 13 games after 0-0 draw 04.08.11
    That makes 2 goals in 4 world cups
    Last edited by Rev John Ripsher; 05-08-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FIFA.com - FIFA U-20 World Cup

I saw the England V Argentina game last night and was not too impressed with either team TBH .

The score was 0-0 and means that England have not won an U20 WC game for 12 matches now . We drew our previous group F game 0-0 too .

So I did some digging here.. FIFA U-20 World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and came up with the following .

We scored only 1 goal in the last U20 WC in 2009 , didn't qualify for either of the 2007 or 2005 U20 WC's , In 2003 we lost 3 times and didn't score any goals , didn't qualify for the 2001 , In 1999 we also lost 3 times and also scored no goals

That is an unenviable record of 2 goals in 12 games since losing to Argentina in the round of 16 in 1997

Holey Moley .
    Maybe you just donīt care about that competition.... Croatia have not sent their best players to the tournament, they have fired the coach before the tournament started and the players didnīt see each other for more than a year. Maybe England also just doesnīt care about this competition....

Legend !

Status
    we all should care look at what spain has done through all the age groups over the last few years.
    Last edited by mattyvw; 03-08-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyvw View Post
    we all should care look at what spain has done through all the age groups over the last few years.
    i know but many clubs donīt want to let their players go. In Croatia thatīs normal, iīm sure England could have played with a stronger squad also.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crocop View Post
    Maybe you just donīt care about that competition.... Croatia have not sent their best players to the tournament, they have fired the coach before the tournament started and the players didnīt see each other for more than a year. Maybe England also just doesnīt care about this competition....
    @crocop

If we didn't care about that competition then why would we enter it ? I am sure the FA care very much about it .

Legend !

Status
    @crocop

If we didn't care about that competition then why would we enter it ? I am sure the FA care very much about it .
    Can u send me a link with the England U20 squad??? I really wanna see how strong they are.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crocop View Post
    Can u send me a link with the England U20 squad??? I really wanna see how strong they are.

@crocop

Pleasure mate ... here ya go TheFA.com - Team

I have hardly heard of any of them at first glance .

Legend !

Status
    @crocop

Pleasure mate ... here ya go TheFA.com - Team

I have hardly heard of any of them at first glance .
    Me neither Iīm sure England could have sent a better squad.....

Legend !

Status
    but there is no Wilshere e.g. All players under 20 years old who play an important role in their clubs arenīt at the U20 WC.

EDIT: No Wickham, no Rodwell, no Welbeck....
    Last edited by crocop; 03-08-2011 at 12:03 PM.

First Team Player

Status
    To be fair, i've not really heard of 3/4 of the fowards they sent out. they could of easily sent out a better squad IMO.

11. Who Thanked this post

crocop (03-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    that is too bad, its really fun to represent the country. the clubs need to take it easy i know there is a big injury risk but the fa maybe does not want to to the legal battle for compensation??? anyway all international foot is fun, even youth

Legend !

Status
    Would have thought Harry Kane could have gone, maybe Frank Nouble. I guess its about who is in condition to go at this time of year.

Legend !

Status
    think kane's off with the u19's

First Team Player

Status
    interesting cultural differences. over here in aust football fans are pretty passionate about (well at least the ones i know) the under 20 side and follow it keanly. sounds like over there in en-ger-land no one is really too bother even if they did send a second string side, guess its all about the epl. incidentally, our team was hyped up by the media (sound familiar?) as the new golden generation but so far have been largely dissapointing.

btw has anyone seen costa ricas joel campbell play? he is a pretty special player, will no doubt be around for some time...

First Team Player

Status
    oh yea and he rejected arsenal last month hahaha

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter