Register To Comment

Status
    Ill be honest ..... the more I watch of this the more I see the division between the mens & womens football shrinking.

It pains me to say it as she plays for the arsenal ladies but great goal from White .......'the youngest player there'

BBC Sport - England's Ellen White scores World Cup wonder goal
    That goal helped towards a 2 - 0 defeat of group favourites Japan...... taking them through to the quarter final as group leaders.

Highlights of the game here.

BBC Sport - Women's World Cup: Hope Powell proud of England players
    Worth a look...white also has a near miss with a fookin bicycle kick & the second goal from Yankee at a really tight angle is top drawer ....

jaws music hee hee

Status
    you only think the gap is closing because the england mens team is so poor lol

EDIT: also, is it just me or could the japanese goalie easily have saved that lob???

3. Who Thanked this post

USpur (06-07-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdw76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you only think the gap is closing because the england mens team is so poor lol

EDIT: also, is it just me or could the japanese goalie easily have saved that lob???
    Spotted that too ...it did seem to appear that she withdrew from reaching for it?

Possibly thought she was heading for the left hand goal post and brought her hands back down to protect herself. Or maybe from her angle she could see the ball heading in no matter what she did so went to try and limit the pain of landing......cant think of any other reason for her to do it.

Legend !

Status
    I am enjoying this tournament apart from the really lovely ladies on the pitch"growl" the matches have been a bit intense love them.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter