Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    At 16:00 today Steuart Pearce wil announce his initial 40 man squad to play in the 2011 U21's European Cup.

The build up has been marred by a debate betweek Jack (I'm a tit) Wilshire and Arsene (I like little buys) Wenger about the teenagers involvement.

I believe he will be included in the initial squad BUT will he end up going.

Names to look out for

Kyle Naughton
    Kyle Walker
    Steven Caulker
    Danny Rose
    Andros Townsend
    Harry Kane

I really hope Harry Kane gets into the squad as he looks to be a top player just ask @spursman18 who is permanantly raving about the lad.

Announcement in 3 minutes.

Status
    I think all of them will be in the squad........

Harry has played a few times for the u21s, there are other strikers ahead of him (some I'm not aware of) but I'm expecting him to be named in the squad.

Legend !

Status
    Is Caulker recovered from his injury yet? Also, what has Danny Rose done to justify a selection? Weren't the reports from his loan spell at Bristol City very negative?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantpie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Caulker recovered from his injury yet? Also, what has Danny Rose done to justify a selection? Weren't the reports from his loan spell at Bristol City very negative?
    I had read on the Bristol City forum that Caulker was holding off his surgery to play in this tournament, havent looked into it but I'd be surprised if this happened.

Danny hasnt done much to justify his selection but he has played well for England in the past- yes very negative report from City

5. These users say thanks for this post

Fatboyyid (03-05-2011),iwantpie (03-05-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I guess we'll see what happens with Caulker then. He hope he doesn't exacerbate his injury, I have high hopes for him for next season.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Full 40 man squad

Goalkeepers: Frankie Fielding (Blackburn Rovers), Scott Loach (Watford), Jason Steele (Middlesbrough), Alex McCarthy (Reading).
    Defenders:Joe Bennett (Middlesbrough), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jones (Blackburn Rovers), Michael Mancienne (Wolverhampton Wanderers - loan from Chelsea), Ben Mee (Leicester City - loan from Manchester City), Kyle Naughton (Leicester City - loan from Tottenham), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), James Tomkins (West Ham United), Kieran Trippier (Barnsley - loan from Manchester City), Kyle Walker (Aston Villa - loan from Tottenham Hotspur).
    Midfielders: Marc Albrighton (Aston Villa), Jack Cork (Burnley - loan from Chelsea), Tom Cleverley (Wigan Athletic - loan from Man Utd), Mark Davies (Bolton Wanderers), Adam Hammill (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Jordan Henderson (Sunderland), Jonathan Howson (Leeds United), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Henri Lansbury (Norwich City - loan from Arsenal), Josh McEachran (Chelsea), Fabrice Muamba (Bolton Wanderers), Jack Rodwell (Everton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Scott Sinclair (Swansea City), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).
    Forwards: Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Nathan Delfouneso (Burnley - loan from Aston Villa), Gary Hooper (Celtic), Jay Rodriguez (Burnley), Freddie Sears (West Ham United), Daniel Sturridge (Bolton Wanderers - loan from Chelsea), James Vaughan (Crystal Palace - loan from Everton), Danny Welbeck (Sunderland - loan from Man Utd), Connor Wickham (Ipswich Town).

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Well I am suprised no Caulker, Townesend or Kane

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Serrrrrrrrrrrriously could put out two very decent Premier League sides out of that lot!!

----------------------- Fielding ---------------------
    Walker ------ Smalling --- Richards ------ Gibbs
    Albrighton ---- Rodwell --- Wilshere ----- Sinclair
    ---------------- Carrol ----- Sturridge --------------

Subs: Loach, Walker, Tomkins, Henderson, Hooper

If I had to pick a 16 out.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    Serrrrrrrrrrrriously could put out two very decent Premier League sides out of that lot!!

Nice team there mate , you could do a lot worse .

Legend !

Status
    Caulker deserved in.. possibly the injury? That's the only reason I could think of, he is good enough.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post

Ha! Honestly I didn't see your post before I made this. Basically the same thing.

Status
    Caulker is good enough but as I thought the injury has kept him (although I could had sworn someone on that Bristol City forum said he was going to play through it).

Townsend has been ok this season but I dont think he's shown enough this season, which having Rose in that squad is saying a lot!

Kane is still incredibly young and while he's been doing well on loan he really hasnt "stood out" while at Orient but still bags of potential.

Status
    Saw this and thought it was a good outline of this summers' tournaments

It could be a busy few months for our younger players with these international tournaments – the possible Spurs players involved are based on recent call ups :

Under 19 European Championship (Switzerland)

England vs Montenegro (Tuesday, 31/05/2011)
    Switzerland vs England (Thursday, 02/06/2011)
    England vs Spain (Sunday, 05/06/2011)

Possible Spurs Players involved :

Harry Kane
    Thomas Carroll
    Ryan Fredericks
    Jake Nicholson

NB. Paul-Jose M’Poku will probably be representing Belgium under 19’s

Under 20 World Cup (Columbia)

England vs Korea DPR (ie North Korea) (Friday, 29/07/2011)
    Argentina vs England (Monday, 01/08/2011)
    Mexico vs England (Thursday, 04/08/2011)

Possible Spurs Players involved :

Ryan Mason
    Dean Parrett
    Adam Smith
    Steven Caulker

Maybe – Andros Townsend and/or John Bostock

Under 21 European Championship (Denmark)

England vs Norway (Sunday, 05/06/2011) - Pre Tournament Friendly in Southampton
    Spain vs England (Sunday, 12/06/2011)
    Ukraine vs England (Wednesday, 15/06/2011)
    England vs Czech Republic (Sunday, 19/06/2011)

Spurs Players involved (named in Squad of 40) :

Kyle Naughton
    Kyle Walker
    Danny Rose

15. These users say thanks for this post

dan-spur (05-05-2011),Fatboyyid (03-05-2011)

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Don't you just love it when you know you can start off a thread in the knowledge that we have someone in @spursman18 who can field any question on the subject content.

Now I have taken his member out of my mouth it's a shame some of our "brighter" stars have been overlooked for the major tournament but they are still very young and it's all part of the massive learning process.

It just shows how bright the spurs future is and also begs the question, why has it taken so bloody long?

17. Who Thanked this post

spursman18 (03-05-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyyid View Post
    It just shows how bright the spurs future is and also begs the question, why has it taken so bloody long?
    I try to do my best around here

Takes plenty of time mate, there are several promising youngsters at different clubs who have been in the same situation and the best player I can think of is Michael Mancienne who has been loaned out for 2, maybe 3 straight seasons and in his case he's just going to have to be patient because of the first team players ahead of him.

The same can be said for most of ours but some of them will be pushing in the next season or two, its important for them to do well while out on their loans and impress when they come back from those loans.

19. Who Thanked this post

Fatboyyid (03-05-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter