Register To Comment
    First Team Player

Status
    I have to admit, Argentina looked mighty fine that first half against US, and were very "Barcelona-like". Definite contenders for one of the current best world teams.

It's crazy how much just a few subs in the second half changed the US game entirely. Juan Agudelo looked hungry for goal after his first, which is nice to see. Donovan had a real nice few crosses too.

Overall a good game, and it makes me optimistic for the US team. What I care most about is that we continue to improve, as we still have a little ways to go before real top contenders.

The only player I've never been a big fan of is Dempsey, but only because of his personality (even though he's been a decent goal scorer for us).

Legend !

Status
    Scoreline shows you how far the U.S have come, ranked at a very respectable 19th in the world. Credit to the States for making it a thoroughly enjoyable game for the neutral. The Altidore and Agudelo partnership is one for the future.

However, overall the U.S were like children playing football in the garden with their fathers. Argentina seem to have improved already after S.Africa and so composed on the ball away from home. Messi is so good it is un-natural. He didn't look like he even cared he was so relaxed but every time he got the ball he was amazing. If this game is anything to go by then Argentina are a force.

Plus points for the States: IMO

Amazing stadium - the commentator said it's the most expensive stadium in the world costing 1.6 billion dollars. ****!
    U.S packed the stadium out with a lot of fans (80,000 up)
    Howard was quality
    A draw to Argentina is a great result
    Agudelo and the right winger

Negatives: IMO

Weak in posession
    Dempsey is a trouble making prick
    Bradley seems to play only because of his father, if you can't get inn the Villa team you shouldn't be playing for the States

Legend !

Status
    I really enjoyed the fan support shown during the match. In past, it seemed when we had an international match, there were more "foreign" fans cheering against the US than home fans cheering for. Saturday saw thousands of American fans making noise, shouting chants and going nuts for 90 minutes. It's good to see more of "us" get it.

I loved watching the massive Old Glory being unfurled across everyone's head in celebration of the goal. Very nice.

It's also nice to see younger players stepping up and making an impact.

Legend !

Status
    I hate giving credit to Bob Bradley as I think he is ****e and should be relieved of his duties, but the way he managed this match is the main reason why the US came out with a draw.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate giving credit to Bob Bradley as I think he is ****e and should be relieved of his duties, but the way he managed this match is the main reason why the US came out with a draw.
    He's a terrible first half manager, brilliant second half manager. He needs to stop starting Jozy. Until he gets regular football and improves then he shouldn't be starting games for us anymore. He makes the most idiotic decisions on and off the ball. Some of that could probably be attributed to lack of play but when you look at a player like Agudelo, his football brain just seems superior. That kid consistently found himself in better positions, worked harder and has a nose for goal.

6. Who Thanked this post

BigDub (29-03-2011)

Legend !

Status
    i like the fact that Agudelo wants the ball. he seems to love the spotlight and isnt afraid of a big game or moment. he has a ginuwine hunger to score
    Last edited by Reserrved; 28-03-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Legend !

Status
    That tactic can't work all the time tho the US has a top strike force if you ask me and needs to be put to good use Bradley hopes on the counter attack to much on the first half and in one bad day it could go wrong for the team just my opinion tho.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-spur View Post
    Negatives: IMO

Weak in posession
    Dempsey is a trouble making prick
    Bradley seems to play only because of his father, if you can't get inn the Villa team you shouldn't be playing for the States
    I'd put this under positives. Other than that, I agree with all of this.

Legend !

Status
    Glad to see USA on the way up (it seems), and also glad that American interest in the sport seems to be rising too. Was a massive attendance for just a friendly.

Shame about this though :

Status
    Yeah that was unfortunate. A couple points though.

1. With a crowd 70k plus you're bound to have a few idiots.
    2. It's new Jersey.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    Yeah that was unfortunate. A couple points though.

1. With a crowd 70k plus you're bound to have a few idiots.
    2. It's new Jersey.
    This

Also didnt realize that Dave Chapelle/Robyn was a footy fan.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter