Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Question ???

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    I dont think its down to not caring , more like false promise and club over country type thing, Tottenham for me come way before england , always has although i was a "football fan" rather than a dedicated spurs fan , as ive got older and seen england fail not only in football but pretty much everything that england ever stood for ive lost interest . Im a proud brit , get the job done type of bloke , Unfortunately although im proud, the country and everything around it is falling to peace's.

The past world cup i really didnt even make an attempt to go and watch every match. The next one although ill be cheering England on its not something i will be going out of my way and change plans for, Friendlies..............waste of space , money and following

also doesnt help when defoe and dawson go away on international duty and come back injured for months on end.

THTV Donator

Status
    Yes, we do care about the Nation Team and hope that we demolish Wales in our next game.

Legend!

Status
    dont put me into that then mate, i would kill and die for england lol. i was crying like a baby when diego cheating dirty coont scum fook slut ugly mug maradona scored that fooking goal with his hand, and many other times since lol

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    I do care about our national team but there is a massive feeling of anger amongst fans, they porformed like a bunch of muppets at the world cup yet the FA in a money making move arranged a friendly before the season started hoping the team would be welcomed back as heroes after a fantastic world cup. Well that back fired didnt it

When the players start showing some level of comitment to the team then the fans may start doing so again.

6. Who Thanked this post

River (22-03-2011)

Status
    That's why we fill Wembley for every home game .

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why we fill Wembley for every home game .
    We will always fill Wembley as dads will always want to take their kids along.

But if you listen to Wembley during an England game it has nowhere near the atmosphere that you have when its the FA Cup or carling Cup or even the confrence playoff game.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyyid View Post
    We will always fill Wembley as dads will always want to take their kids along.

But if you listen to Wembley during an England game it has nowhere near the atmosphere that you have when its the FA Cup or carling Cup or even the confrence playoff game.
    The conference playoff games are NUTZ !!!

10. Who Thanked this post

Fatboyyid (22-03-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I do care about our national team but there is a massive feeling of anger amongst fans, they porformed like a bunch of muppets at the world cup yet the FA in a money making move arranged a friendly before the season started hoping the team would be welcomed back as heroes after a fantastic world cup. Well that back fired didnt it

When the players start showing some level of comitment to the team then the fans may start doing so again.
    about players commitment: maybe its same as in french team (BAE said in interwiev few weeks back that he knows that there are some players in french nt that play there just because that allows them to get better contracts at clubs)

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cor-Luka View Post
    about players commitment: maybe its same as in french team (BAE said in interwiev few weeks back that he knows that there are some players in french nt that play there just because that allows them to get better contracts at clubs)
    So the question should be, "Why don't England players care about playing for the National team?"

Has a player publicly spoken about NOT wanting to play for England?

Exactly...

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    So the question should be, "Why don't England players care about playing for the National team?"

Has a player publicly spoken about NOT wanting to play for England?

Exactly...
    Paul Robinson quit because he was not first choice, Paul Scholes quit to have a longer club career the list goes on mate.

14. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (22-03-2011)

THTV Donator

Status
    Paul Robinson quit because he was not first choice, Paul Scholes quit to have a longer club career the list goes on mate.
    Emile Heskey could be added to that list. Though think that was a good thing

So in answer to the OP, not first choice and concentration on club career.

Agreed

Legend !

Status
    I think people do care, but its got to a point where is is half heartedly. But you can't really blame england fans can you consistent faliure and disapointment, and the FA is an utter joke.

People are bothered but have lowered there expectation over the last few years.

champions league vip

Status
    I think the biggest day in my History of being a England fan was at the 1990 WCF......That tournament was just amazing!!!

Since that tournament ive never ever got that buzz for England. I can put my finger on it why. I know one thing I would like to feel that buzz for England again.

If I had a choice for Tottenham to win the EPL or England to win the WC then id probably choose Tottenham to win the EPL.

I do believe we need to get rid of the current manager and get a English manager. We all know its going to be Arry to take his place and tbh id be gutted......

Maybe the having a the best league in the world is to blame?????????????
    Last edited by Roscono3; 22-03-2011 at 10:47 PM.

18. Who Thanked this post

Fatboyyid (22-03-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscono3 View Post
    I think the biggest day in my History of being a England fan was at the 1990 WCF......That tournament was just amazing!!!

Since that tournament ive never ever got that buzz for England. I can put my finger on it why. I know one thing I would like to feel like that buzz for England again.

If I ha d a choice for Tottenham to win the EPL or England to win the WC then id probably choose Tottenham to win the EPL.

I do believe we need to get rid of the current manager and get a English manager. We all know its going to be Arry to take his place and tbh id be gutted......

Maybe the having a the best league in the world is to blame?????????????
    The EPL could be to blame, they need to scrap this hoome grown nocense and make a rule that at least 4 ENGLISH players start each game,or something like that as this is the way to improve the new talent.
    If they did, arsenal would be fukced

But I also do think that the fa needs a big overhaul... I think the goverment are doing a review at the moment actually, they need to get all the old chaps out and bring in real footballing people!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter