Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    FA to ban AWOL England players | The Sun |Sport|Football

Just read this while look for sport news regarding the OS bid...

this sickens me, your now being FORCED to play for you country? WTF??

my opinion is that International Games should be in the Summer and thats it... players go out and are expected to perform top notch midway through a season in front of millions of people supporting their national teams...

I think you (as a player) should choose whether to play or not, and if you choose not to and then the manager no longer picks you then so be it... but thats a risk you'll have to take...

2. Who Thanked this post

brainiac (11-02-2011)

THTV Donator

Status
    FA should never interfere with club football. Simple. Be it whether a manger decides to field a weaken team or a player drops out from the England squad.

It was just a friendly for heaven's sake.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FA should never interfere with club football. Simple. Be it whether a manger decides to field a weaken team or a player drops out from the England squad.

It was just a friendly for heaven's sake.
    exactly and the player in question was selected for the England U20's ... I didn't even think that age group existed for England!

Legend !

Status
    There's not a single - not one - quote, source nor even a fart from the FA within that "story".

Save your ire for actual things rather than space-fillers in a ****ty tab.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's not a single - not one - quote, source nor even a fart from the FA within that "story".

Save your ire for actual things rather than space-fillers in a ****ty tab.
    @rudi I was and still am quite interested in this... you don't have to read and/or reply to the post...

but if you do could you please keep on topic this thread is about AWOL players getting banned in the Premiership and if you don't like my posts message me please do not post on the thread saying its a crap etc

i was interested in what other people thought of this.

Legend !

Status
    But I am on topic; it's a non-story.

The FA have been allowed to ban players for a while now. Total players banned: none.

Legend !

Status
    mentioned on talkSPORT last night and this morning, everyone unanimous that it would be impossible to police, as a player could have a twinge in their back or a tight calf on the Wednesday that would've cleared up by the Saturday.

Legend !

Status
    That's just it. It's also there to protect players who want to play for their country but feel they're being pressured in to pulling out.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter