Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Sky Sports | Football | England | Home Nations could return

Was disappointed that Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland excluded us from their weird little tournament they are starting next month. But this is great news. Don't see why the Republic of Ireland would then miss out though? Surely the 5 nations can work something out?

I love watching the 6 nations Rugby, yeah I know France and Italy are involved and England are not the dominant force, and a dominant force by a long way, but we all love playing against each other.

Status
    It was a good end to every season , the Home Internationals . 3 games played over 3 consecutive weekends and the overall winners got some trophy .

But unfortunately the games didn't emerge from that dreadful violent period of supporter clashes when the amount of fans that ended up in prison or hospital was more important than who won and by how many , and the cost of repairing city centres got too much .

Shame .

Legend !

Status
    That report is badly written, are ROI in it or not? How can there be only 6 games? :S

Status
    Back in the day , there was only England , Scotland , Wales & N Ireland , and each team played each other once . So for example England would play Scotland at Wembley one year , then the following year we would play at Hampden Park .

So 6 games altogether , I meant that each team only played 3 games each .

History is here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Home_Championship
    Last edited by Rev John Ripsher; 10-01-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Legend !

Status
    Yeah , I worked it out after I posted that, I'm an eejit!

I would enjoy that, hopefully there would be no rows.

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sky Sports | Football | England | Home Nations could return

Was disappointed that Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland excluded us from their weird little tournament they are starting next month. But this is great news. Don't see why the Republic of Ireland would then miss out though? Surely the 5 nations can work something out?

I love watching the 6 nations Rugby, yeah I know France and Italy are involved and England are not the dominant force, and a dominant force by a long way, but we all love playing against each other.
    because the last 5 time you have come to dublin you lot have wreaked the place

7. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (10-01-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcire View Post
    because the last 5 time you have come to dublin you lot have wreaked the place
    Who , Us ?

9. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (10-01-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Thats very interesting, especially the years that Northern Ireland was in such a bad shape with Hunger Strikers and whatnot going on that they had to play 'Home' games in England!

Status
    Thinking back on it , they really were great games to see , it was VERY exiting to see things like the equivalent of Hutton trying to stop Defoe .

The very idea of it returning sends (Martin?) shivers through me , it really was that good !

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    Who , Us ?
    yeah ive had enough of getting chased down o connell st by 50 union jacks thanks very much lol

Legend !

Status
    Muahahahahah

Fackin' Mugs

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko View Post
    Muahahahahah

Fackin' Mugs
    they didnt win the fight outside ha ha

talking in the wind

Status
    fooking hell just thinking about it,fingers crossed rangers dont get to the ufea final,its in fooking dublin!!!!!!!!!!!! lol ,some craic that would be ha ha
    Last edited by thfcire; 10-01-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Status
    Rangers get to the final ............?

17. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (10-01-2011)

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    Rangers get to the final ............?

you forgetting manchester 2 years ago??,noone gave them a chance that year,but in saying that their even worse than that now lol

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter