Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Who didn't see this coming. Qatar spun some bull about high tech stadiums and new cooling technology, all bollox. Why even have they charade of the presentation ceremony? Clearly the fix was in. FIFA knew that Qatar would win, and FIFA knew that they would switch the start dates. Corrupt *******s...

Boycott 2022!

Sepp Blatter wants 2022 World Cup to be played in January - ESPN Soccernet

Status
    I just saw Ollie's SSN press conference and he is a fooking legend. I love the guy and his reaction to it was priceless!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just saw Ollie's SSN press conference and he is a fooking legend. I love the guy and his reaction to it was priceless!
    It's unbelievable. The funny thing is that Blatter claims to be trying to move the cup to new markets, you know. places it's never been before. Presumably the intention is to grow the game, increase the popularity and get more people watching the World Cup. Well if that's the case stupid moves like this are counter productive because this is the kind of thing that can blow up in your face. What if whole countries boycott? Why wouldn't they this is going to affect all the major leagues in Europe. We have World Cups in the summer for a reason.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 18-12-2010 at 12:45 AM.

Status
    Sepp Blatter has even tried to distance himself from accusations that he was practising descrimination when he told some of the exco how to vote .

Seeing that FIFA are at the forefront of anti racism and anti discrimination then this is not cool at all .

Legend !

Status
    I tell you what, if you want a laugh...

BBC Sport - Football - Ian Holloway rants over 'crazy' Fifa plan

Got to love Ian Holloway, the man is entertaining...

6. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (19-12-2010)

THTV Donator

Status
    It's a silly idea anyway - it's going to completely mess up with our fixtures.

Legend !

Status
    I hope ever boycotts the world cup and nobody turns up. Just to stuff it in their faces

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    You think the Prem will scrub off their profits for 3 or so months!?

Wont happen.

Legend !

Status
    Lets start our own world cup!

Just get a bunch of us wearing our national team kits and get together in a certain area and play if we get even a fraction of media attention it would turn some heads. If it's successful companies would be all over it pouring money into it.
    Last edited by Javi; 19-12-2010 at 06:05 PM.

11. Who Thanked this post

BlueCrew LA (19-12-2010)

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Javi View Post

Just get a bunch of us wearing our national team kits and get together in a certain area and play if we get even a fraction of media attention it would turn some heads. If it's successful companies would be all over it pouring money into it.
    I love nachos and jalapenos so I must qualify for the Mexican Nation team, right?

13. Who Thanked this post

Javi (19-12-2010)

Status

^^^ You have my vote for the next FIFA president.

15. Who Thanked this post

Javi (19-12-2010)

Legend !

Status
    @HeroesComesandGoes actually you have to drink 3 shots of flaming tequila then you are in!

@BlueCrew LA

THANKS MATE! Think about it tho lets say we got a piece of land in the US or somewhere and made a football stadium out of it small of course and we get as many people from different nations to play a tournament and we have free admission people out of curiosity would want to check it out and eventually we would get attention in the media it's crazy enough to work. We charge for food and stuff and for the finals well charge admission cheap admission proceeds can go to a real charity we would be on our way to really start something here.

Status
    IIRC the last Mexican World Cup was where the Mexican Wave was born ?

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    IIRC the last Mexican World Cup was where the Mexican Wave was born ?
    It was originated in US colleges but made famous in the Azteca stadium I believe.

19. Who Thanked this post

Rev John Ripsher (19-12-2010)

Status
    It was originated in US colleges but made famous in the Azteca stadium I believe.
    Dodger Stadium...

21. Who Thanked this post

Javi (19-12-2010)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter