Register To Comment

Status
    Fifa executive committee member Franz Beckenbauer says England were "treated disgracefully" in the World Cup bidding process.

The German, who will leave his post as an executive committee member next year, believes England, along with the other six losing nations, were not dealt with well by Fifa.

He told Bild: "I am disappointed with the way Fifa dealt with the result. The seven losing countries were treated disgracefully, particularly England and Australia.

"All of us exco [executive committee] members were told ahead of the ballot that neither we nor the public would ever know the exact number of votes for each country. After each round of voting we were told only which country had been ruled out. Then, a few hours later, I was hearing from journalists what the exact voting had been.
    "It's certainly affected my confidence in Fifa."

Who would have thought ?

Status
    I love Beckenbauer, he could lead me through the gates of hell.

hey you guys

Status
    Did he even vote [for us] though?

Legend !

Status
    i didnt think so? Him and Plaitini are the last two people I would ever think were somewhat pro english...

THTV Donator

Status
    Too bad he didn't vote for us!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter