Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Status
    Someone in another thread had a brilliant topic. Who would you be eligible to play for internationally with the current grandparent rule. For me it's USA, Belize and Scotland and while typing that out it dawned on me, I could have been capped for Belize... :bash:

One of the many bad decisions in my life. With my athletic ability I'm sure I could have earned a cap, and that's not bravado that's just a fact. At the very least I could ride the bench. We would get hammered by everyone but who cares when you're training in a place like this.

So the question is who would you be eligible to play for?

Legend !

Status
    England, sunny old England and them alone lol

Status
    I was born in Hampstead and both my parents were born in Central London , and would never have dreamt of playing for anyone but England , but through the grandparents rule I could have played for either Poland or Latvia , although when I was playing , Latvia was part of USSR . ( Russia )

Legend !

Status
    I'm English, but through that rule I would be eligible to play for tons of countries!

Scotland (Mum's Mum), Wales (Dad's Dad), Ireland (Dad's Mum), South Africa (Mum's Dad and his Dad) and France (Don't know where that one came from but I got told I have family that were born there)

But obviously would only play for England... Unless SA's Rugby team want some new talent

Legend !

Status
    England and Spain due to living here for X amount of time... Although I'd only represent England.

THTV Donator

Status
    England and Australia. The generation previous would have additionally been eligible for both Ireland's and Wales.

In the sport that I play and coach my brother has played for and coached England sides and I have played for Australia but eligibility for that sport is pretty much based upon where you are living and thereafter you can transfer nations once without there having to be some extended approval process.

First Team Player

Status
    me mums english, me dads italian and im australian. dont think i can crack any of the national teams unfortunately.

First Team Player

Status
    My mum is a kiwi (so i could play for the ALL WHITES), My Dad is English... My Dads Dad is half German and a quarter welsh. I have lived in singapore for 5 years so might just be eligible to play for them too!

I would play with pride for England and New Zealand.. None of the others.

Legend !

Status
    Scotland, England, Germany, Singapore.

Only the first would ever be in consideration Realistically though me and peterthomasyidarmy could probably both make the Singapore national team...they are truly awful.

Legend !

Status
    Through birth, England, through parents, Eire and China, through talent, subs bench for Faroe Islands' Blind XI

11. These users say thanks for this post

stroud_jm (22-10-2010),thfcire (19-10-2010)

talking in the wind

Status
    jesus americans could play for anyone then!!!!,thats all i hear when im there oh wow your irish???? im an 1/8 irish myself!!!!!!!!!!!!,fooking hell ust have been some gangbang lol

13. These users say thanks for this post

OzSpur (22-10-2010),stroud_jm (22-10-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Wales, England and the Long John Silvers X1 Ahaarrgghh ! (Monty Python sketch)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ctw01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wales, England and the Long John Silvers X1 Ahaarrgghh ! (Monty Python sketch)

Legend !

Status
    Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland

and I'm sure I could forge a San Marinian passport?

Legend !

Status

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter