Register To Comment
    First Team Player

Status
    Anybody remember the old Cup Winners Cup? At the time there was the CL, UEFA cup and the CwC. It was too much and they had to scrap one of them, sadly it was the CwC.

The UEFA/Europa league cup stinks. Its a load of crap teams that came 5th/6th/7th in their league and didnt win **** plus some teams who lost their cupfinal but the winning team already had CL so the losers got the spot. Its rubbish. And the 3rd placed teams in the CL group stages dropping to the Europa league, whats that about? You perform crap in a competition and get rewarded and participate in another one, its a joke!

Scrap the Europa league and bring back the Cup Winners Cup, the league winners compete in the CL, the cup winners in the CwC. IMO it would be logical and the smart thing to do, who watches the Europa league anyway? I saw the final last season and watched the Utrecht-Liverpool match, they were both crap. If you had a cup with proper winners in it IMO there would be more pride in winning it.

This will never happen though, Platini and Co are a bunch of idiots.

First Team Player

Status
    With that said, I am glad we won the damn thing, it doesnt exist anymore so its impossible to win it again, its a part of football history and we are in there. Im satisfied about that even though I didnt live when we won it, now the only silverware we are lacking is the CL and the World club championship. I dont rate the European super cup as a trophy for the same reason I dont rate the Charity shield, its just a friendly before the season starts.

Porto won the CL 2004, Marseille won it in 1993, why cant we win it 2011? Everything is possible, what a dream come true to be the first London club to win it and to do it at Wembley too. We can beat anybody, we beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool at home last season and Man City away in a crucial match, we can take the CL!

And bring back the Cup Winners Cup Platini!

THTV Donator

Status
    Isn't the UEFA Super Cup the same thing? (that Cup Athletico Madrid won after beating Inter)

Status
    We have way too many competitions as it is, it could only lead to more injuries.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't the UEFA Super Cup the same thing? (that Cup Athletico Madrid won after beating Inter)
    That is exactly what it is.

tT is exactly the same but called a different.

shady!

Status
    The super cup is the winners of the urfa cup v the winners of the champions league... I'm guessing the one the op is on about is the one u entered for winning the fa cup orthe equivalent in various countries. The Europa league is basically the uefa cup and cup winners cup in one..... The European cups were always so much better then cause they were knock out from start to finish like any cup should be! Too much money from tv involved these days tho!

7. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (09-10-2010)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter