Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    If I was in any doubt that the future of England football team is in trouble then this call up comfirms it. The way I see it Fabio had the chance to call Andy Carrol up which would of given him some good experience with the senior squad. Instead a 33yr old that clearly hasn't been good enough for the last 13yrs.

Status
    He's been called up because everyone else is either injured or in Carroll's case is out of form .

Legend !

Status
    He deserves it I reckon, Davies is a proper hold up striker and better than the likes of Heskey .

Legend !

Status
    He's hardly in great form thou and England ill gain more long term with carroll in than Davies

Legend !

Status
    Will he play? If not what does it matter?

Legend !

Status
    he is also the captain of Bolton he brings something different to the squad

Status
    Why not call him up ? You just never know .....

Legend !

Status
    to add another point though... if Carroll got dropped due to form why has Capello re-called Lennon who has been off form of late?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonds44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    to add another point though... if Carroll got dropped due to form why has Capello re-called Lennon who has been off form of late?
    Lennon's got class , and there may be a weak link in the opposition ?

Legend !

Status
    we're playing Montenegro... my nan could play on the wing and cause problems, but remember we are England we have to make a chore of everything we do!

THTV Donator

Status
    I can understand the need for four strikers in the squad BUT if there aren't four quality strikers around, then, the formation needs modifying. I think we went 4-5-1 at one point because of injuries. Therefore Capello should be looking to changing his formation and bringing in another midfielder or a defender rather than calling up Davies. It's things like this that makes me doubt whether Capello is suitable as a national manager.

Status
    ... my nan could play on the wing and cause problems,
    Well , we are desperate ........ when was the last time yer nan ran out on the pitch ?

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    Well , we are desperate ........ when was the last time yer nan ran out on the pitch ?
    well i dont know about 'run' but she would give the left back some problems with her skills with a zimmer frame.. she's like Ronaldo with that thing!

Status
    well i dont know about 'run' but she would give the left back some problems with her skills with a zimmer frame.. she's like Ronaldo with that thing!
    That's good enough for England .... who holds her player registration then ?

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    That's good enough for England .... who holds her player registration then ?
    lol I think we need to stop just soe we don't hijack this thread! lol

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter