Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    YouTube - Pele VS Maradonna

Pele for me since I think he played better longer than Maradonna.

2. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (07-07-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P.R.Javi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    YouTube - Pele VS Maradonna

Pele for me since I think he played better longer than Maradonna.
    Plus, he wasn't an ugly little sh!te who took drugs!

THTV Donator

Status
    I agree - Pele over Maradona - 1000 club goals for Pele. Plus Pele never used his hands to score a goal...

5. Who Thanked this post

Javi (07-07-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Maradona, because Pele played against weak teams, in weak leagues

Plus when Brazil won the world cup Pele was never the most important player, there are many players who have been more important. Zinedine Zidane has had much more influence for his team in the international game, as well as Cruijff, Platini, Puskas, Michael Laudrup, Hagi, Scifo. There are too many players who have been more magical over the years with teams of much less skill.

He is a legend of course but just because he scored 1000 goals does not make him the best, there are much more important things. Also as David Pleat said statistics are damn lies

Overall my favourite is Zidane but just because I saw him in my lifetime, also Ronaldinho. I have watched some games of Pele and the opposition was really bad or his teammate was better (Garrincha, Jairzinho). There are many other legendary Brazilians but because the game has changed so much no one will ever say Zico or Ronaldo or Ronaldinho was as talented as Pele was. It is not fair but it is a difficult argument.

As I say there have been man legends of the international game that do not get enough respect. I believe Pele is overrated, I just do not rate the Brazilian league, especially in the old days it was not even a unified league.

Legend !

Status

Legend !

Status
    Pele was as good as there has ever been and played the game in the most honourable and truest sense, a gentleman whom you can respect.
    Maradona was a talented player but has the morals of an alley cat.

9. These users say thanks for this post

donatorHeroes (08-07-2010),Javi (08-07-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Pele.

I'd actually put Johan Cruyff ahead of Maradona.

groany fooker lol

Status
    id go for pele. big heavy boots and ball and could still do more with the ball than most players can now

First Team Player

Status
    Pele...I dont rate Maradona at all, guys like him who have a great talent but decide to ruin themselves with drugs and similar problems dont deserve to have their name mentioned as ones of the best ever. To be "the greatest", or "one of the great", you have to be great on and of the pitch. And a guy who is know mostly for 3 things..two of which are against any kind of sportsmanship doesnt cut it for me. There were numbers of great players before and after him that I rate much higher.

First Team Player

Status
    Pele without a doubt. I agree with previous posts by CTW01 and funkfish. Pele played our game in the most honourable manner and to be able to do what he did with heavier boots and a heavier ball is unbelievable.

Status
    Pele every time , a lifetime 0.95 goals per game average speaks for itself .

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    Pele every time , a lifetime 0.95 goals per game average speaks for itself .

Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    I agree - Pele over Maradona - 1000 club goals for Pele. Plus Pele never used his hands to score a goal...

I think the total that is used includes goals from when he was a kid or something stupidly wrong with the tally anyway.

For me The greatest ever strikers will be:

1. Greaves - One of a kind, will never be better. ever.
    2. Ferenc Puskas
    3. Maradona
    4. Pele - World cup player, for me football is about playing in the best leagues as well as doing well for your country.
    5. Gerd Muller
    6. Marco Van Basten

First Team Player

Status
    Peter Crouch...

17. Who Thanked this post

ctw01 (08-07-2010)

Banned !

Status
    Maradona for me. You can take the boy out of the 'Barrio', But you can't take the 'Barrio' out of the boy.

Give the 'Rebalde' a break. There is a Church in Argentina named after him.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    I didnt have the chance to see both of them play like sejay but from what i have seen its a difficult one to judge.

Pele was a goal machine and the cheat was a genius.

I would have to say pele........no maracheat............no peledonna............I cant decide.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter