Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    I make no secret about the fact that I live in Victoria Canada (for approx 10 years now) and for years now, my friends have been asking me why my loyalty still lies with Japan and England (Half Japanese, born in Tokyo and my mums English... what kind of English blood would I have if I didnt support the three lions?)

Finally, I have an awnser for my Canadian friends back home.

2. These users say thanks for this post

bensonrecon (28-06-2010),Luke0405 (28-06-2010),River (28-06-2010),rudi (28-06-2010),steelktm (28-06-2010)

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

Legend !

Status
    Heh heh, great stuff.

Legend !

Status
    haha that is funny! although for being pretty big fans of soccer up in Canada (so i have been led to beleive) i'm surpised Canada isn't as better as it is. i realize hockey probably reigns supreme but still figured enough would be also doing some soccer.

Legend !

Status
    canada has good enough players to qualify, they are definitely better than honduras but their organization is really bad... they have lost great players like jonathan de guzman and owne hargreaves to england and the netherlands, its sad especially hargreaves couldve been a canadian legend

there is too much bloody snow so the ball of choice is a snowball

Legend !

Status
    Canadian football in 2 words:

Paul Stalteri.

8. These users say thanks for this post

424style (02-07-2010),Tott_BeBop (29-06-2010)

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    Paul Stalteri.
    Whos else actually do they have ? Now thinking about it i cant think of any off the top of my head................back in the days of hours on Football manager.....oh how i miss the knowledge

First Team Player

Status
    Great to see the Whitecaps entering MLS next season. Looking forward to renewing the I-5 series with the 'Caps and Timbers. Come to Qwest when the 'Caps meet Seattle...I'm a STH in section 237...buy you a beer!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverWire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whos else actually do they have ? Now thinking about it i cant think of any off the top of my head................back in the days of hours on Football manager.....oh how i miss the knowledge
    julian de guzman - former player of deportivo de la coruna, player of the year for the club

dwayne de rosario - mls player of the year i think

rob friend - monchengladbach (bundesliga)

there are others but i forget

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LakewoodSpur View Post
    Great to see the Whitecaps entering MLS next season. Looking forward to renewing the I-5 series with the 'Caps and Timbers. Come to Qwest when the 'Caps meet Seattle...I'm a STH in section 237...buy you a beer!
    hehe nice post

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfield_spurs View Post
    Canadian football in 2 words:

Paul Stalteri.

I can tell you the two next big words in Canadian football.

Adam Straith.

Also, I need to point out that when Japanese students come over to Victoria they **** themselves, because Victoria has 3 or 4 multi-million dollar all weather pitches, while the Japanese play on dirt until prefectual championship level.

What do they see Canadians doing on multi-million dollar turfs you ask?

Trippin balls on mushrooms.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steelktm View Post
    haha that is funny! although for being pretty big fans of soccer up in Canada (so i have been led to beleive) i'm surpised Canada isn't as better as it is. i realize hockey probably reigns supreme but still figured enough would be also doing some soccer.
    yeah but if you think about it, canada could be one of the best countries in soccer IF, and im saying IF, all the kids that play, hockey,baseball,basketball,lacrosse,football(ameri can) all play soccer, just like in europe. We have such a big population, but hockey is our biggest sport, shame really..

Legend !

Status
    Canada will always hold a special place in the history of Tottenham Hotspur, for it was there that Spurs all-time record score was achieved.

It happened during a close season tour of North America in 1952 when we played the Saskatchewan FA in Saskatoon on 28th May and won 18-1.

Tottenham's goals came from McClellan (9), Bennett (3), Adams (3), Duquenim (2) and Uphill.

We even gave them our goalkeeper, Ted Ditchburn, for the second half of the match.

Other results on that tour were wins against:

7-0 Toronto & District FA
    9-2 British Colombia FA
    7-0 Victoria & District FA
    8-2 British Colombia FA
    11-0 Alberta FA
    5-0 Manitoba FA
    5-0 Manchester United (in Toronto)
    7-1 Manchester United (in New York)
    8-0 Quebec FA

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter