Register To Comment
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    Ah, here we go again....Zee Germans

Have us down winning it 2-1 (both from Defoe) I'm so fookin ready for this, hopefully we'll lift our game with the prospect of playing our toughest/best opponent yet. News that Ledley is fit, dont know if he'll start might be too much of a risk. I would go with this

James

Johnson Terry Upson Cole

Lennon Lampard Gerrard Milner

Crouch Defoe

We must use Crouch's height to our advantage especially against Mertesacker who is a mountain of a man. I'd like to see Joe Cole at some point in the tournament so I'd swap Milner for him (if need be). I doubt Crouch will play so Rooney will most likely start. Just need to perform for 90 mins, is that so hard to ask?

PS....no fookin penalties (however im confident in our side doing well if we get that far)

Legend !

Status
    Go get em ENGLAND!

THTV Donator

Status
    I probably hide behind the sofa than watch this game....I'm so nervous....it's 5th May 2010 all over again

Status
    YouTube - National Anthem England Euro 96

this is what pride and passion are all about, I dont see it in this team we have now but maybe something will click.

5. These users say thanks for this post

bradders (27-06-2010),donatorHeroes (26-06-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Only one thing is for certain.

If we play like we've been playing in the other games, we're gonna get spanked.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancubus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only one thing is for certain.

If we play like we've been playing in the other games, we're gonna get spanked.

Very true, yet I feel we have a better team than Germany IF we perform.

THTV Donator

Status
    Match preview here:

Germany v England

No Cacau - Klose is back...I want England to win 2-1...

Legend !

Status
    If Capallo makes the same mistake that Bradley did and start ineffective players then i think England will lose. Which sadly means i think England will lose because i see no way in hell that Rooney is not starting. I can't think of a bigger boob on the field than Rooney at this time. Been very very unimpressed with him and maybe i'm being too hard on him. But as an american that wants to see stars do well he just hasn't and can't believe that he will probably get another 90 (plus extra if it happens to get to that) this WC.

I believe that if England has not scored by half time (Rooney specificly in that statement) then Cappello needs to sub him off and bring in Crouch to partner Defoe. Just me though which is why i'm at a computer and Cappello is making the millions.

Status
    steel- who would you consider as an ineffective starter?

I agree the bit about Rooney, our own players have been hyping him up the past couple of days to somewhat jump start his tournament but he never consistently performs for England

Legend !

Status
    preformed all season. now i realize that international is different than club. and may be true to point in regards that he hasn't been "consistant" for England. however what he has been is ineffective. (my eyes and opinion only). If Cappello has to burn a sub to replace him because he is still ineffective (like Bradley did) or even worse doesn't even replace him then i can't really see any way that England will beat Germany.

Status
    I think its worth a gamble to waste a sub on him after 45 mins or even 60. It's a shame to say that. Thing is if we perform like we should than we'll win, I think the key is winning the midfield battles (i hope bastian isnt fit) and defending set piece properly because of their height. I think this is the key game for Crouch to be played with the height they have in the CB positions. I'll be extremely disappointed if he decides to play Heskey whether starting or coming off the bench.

Status
    agree about the midfield battles, but I also think width is a major issue for England, a bit better in the Slovenia game, but basically very narrow going forward against us and Algeria. Some of this is Gerrard, who seems neither here nor there for me. Germany's back four is there for the taking, and proper width in the attack could really stretch them and give them problems. I'm afraid Crouch could be nullified a bit by their size, where Defoe/Rooney present matchup probs for them if England possess the ball enough.

Some major concerns for England, obviously, but I see this one as a breakout game for shrek. England 2-1, Rooney both goals.

In any case, major best wishes to old blighty. hoping for you fookers to advance over the old enemy.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    I am officially ****TING IT!!!

Gotta watch it at work. Bit of a result as I made my gaffer order and install a 42" plasma in the weights room so I could watch the world cup!!!

Thanks boss!!!

I agree with some others on here, it could go horibly wrong.

If we crumble under the pressure (as we seem to have done so far in this WC) we could get battered.

If we turn up and Postman Pat gets his tactics right we could get a win.

I dont see him droping Rooney in a month of Sundays and equally I dont see Lennon getting another run out unless we are chasing the game and need somthing extra or diferent.

He will start with the same personell he started the last game. If Ledley is 100% then I can see him getting the nod, but Ledders hasnt been 100% since 1996!!!

Good luck England, make me proud.

15. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (27-06-2010)

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P UNIT 1980 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am officially ****TING IT!!!

Gotta watch it at work. Bit of a result as I made my gaffer order and install a 42" plasma in the weights room so I could watch the world cup!!!

At least you got work to keep you sane....I'm gonna be bricking it for the next seven hours

It ain't an going to be an easy game....but with Spurs, ya gotta Believe.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

groany fooker lol

Status
    i cant fooking wait....is it 3 o clock yet ???

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter