Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Player in Training

Status
    Hello all

not a Spurs fan but not a wind up merchant either,

hoping for some help regarding an England World Cup song that came out in 1970 when Back Home was the official song,

It mentioned Martin Peters (then of Spurs) and a few more England players but I can't remember the title or any more words other than "Martin to Ossie and bang"

I have tried all the Google searches and everyhit.com but nothing mentioned at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

talking in the wind

Status
    welcome mate,you dont have to be a spurs fan to post here.im sure a yid will be along any min to fill you in on the song,im a paddy so that rules me out ha ha.enjoy the forum

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he said when back home was the offical song you plum

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcire View Post
    welcome mate,you dont have to be a spurs fan to post here.im sure a yid will be along any min to fill you in on the song,im a paddy so that rules me out ha ha.enjoy the forum

Thanks mate,

I don't think many will remember it but as Martin Peters set up the goal in the song I thought someone here would be a good bet.

Cheers again for the welcome.

6. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (08-06-2010)

THTV Donator

Status
    Opps

Actually, come to think of it - I posted that link to help jog people's mind and all

Player in Training

Status
    I've searched all the usual places, Youtube, Wikipedia, google etc and found lists of WC songs but no mention of this at all,

It does exist and I've emailed loads of football sites but still nothing, if anyone knows this they will be one of a very few by the looks of it.

Legend !

Status
    Just googled it, only two england songs listed in 1970 are Back home and The World Beaters Sing The World Beaters.

No idea what either are, but the second might be of help.

Source
    World Cup Food and Songs 2010 - World Cup Songs

Player in Training

Status
    Been on there mate and that world beaters thing is a 12 track LP, I found a bit of each on youtube and none were the one I'm looking for...thing is I'm not sure it was the squad in fact I doubt it was so not knowing who sang it is making it harder to find.

I'm sure someone will recognise it sometime but its driving me mad at the moment as even a couple of old mates from back then I've spoken to don't remember it.

It went (cant recall the names so I'll put someone) "someone to someone", "someone to someone", "Martin to Ossie and bang".

Legend !

Status

THTV Donator

Status
    Could it be one of those FA Cup songs?

Player in Training

Status
    Yeah thats me, and any more questions like that will be...I keep thinking I've found something and it turns out to be my own question...arghhh

Legend !

Status
    you sure it wasnt a dream? lol

Player in Training

Status
    Nightmare more like...even the missus is saying I made it up.

I remember it as I was surprised with Jeff Astle and Geoff Hurst in the team the song had Peter Osgood as the Scorer...

It really was around but the only worry for me is it might have been an advert or something, there wasn't so much advertising then though and I'm sure I would have remembered what the add was for.

I've even had them ask the question on Vital Englands website but again the only replies are people either saying they were'nt about then or asking if I mean Back Home.

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Nightmare more like...even the missus is saying I made it up.

I remember it as I was surprised with Jeff Astle and Geoff Hurst in the team the song had Peter Osgood as the Scorer...

It really was around but the only worry for me is it might have been an advert or something, there wasn't so much advertising then though and I'm sure I would have remembered what the add was for.

I've even had them ask the question on Vital Englands website but again the only replies are people either saying they were'nt about then or asking if I mean Back Home.
    Have you tried asking Sir Geoff Hurst himself?

The Official website of Sir Geoff Hurst MBE

17. Who Thanked this post

chippy (11-06-2010)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter