Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status
    I'm gradually reaching my wit's end with some of the moaning & negative reporting going on &, worst of all, half of it is completely incorrect!!!

We love to complain so much, we are making up facts to moan about. I've heard people complaining that, because Walcott is not in the team, we now do not have pace on the wing, I've heard people say that King & Terry are not a balanced CB pairing as they are both right-footers & again that they are both too slow!!!

Hang about! I think that Lennon is actually quicker than Walcott, certainly with a ball at his feet

When has pace ever been a problem with Ledley King & since when was he right-footed? He's good with both feet but Ledley has always been predominantly left-footed.

Everyday I watch SSN to hear some supposed 'expert' make a point using facts that are completely inaccurate &, worse, nobody even corrects them!!

After the warm up game today Terry Butcher said how Defoe scored but that was his only touch in the whole 45min!! Utter rubbish! Defoe not only touched the ball plenty but he used it well, he had anther cracking shot from long-range that just missed the post & he almost set-up Crouch on 2 occasions, he held the ball up several times & he attempted to chip the goal-keeper, altho the least said about that the better!

If we are going to complain, can we at least get the facts right

2. Who Thanked this post

weirddave (07-06-2010)

Legend !

Status
    bass thank you for watching all the games and revealing the truth

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by basskadet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm gradually reaching my wit's end with some of the moaning & negative reporting going on &, worst of all, half of it is completely incorrect!!!

We love to complain so much, we are making up facts to moan about. I've heard people complaining that, because Walcott is not in the team, we now do not have pace on the wing, I've heard people say that King & Terry are not a balanced CB pairing as they are both right-footers & again that they are both too slow!!!

Hang about! I think that Lennon is actually quicker than Walcott, certainly with a ball at his feet

When has pace ever been a problem with Ledley King & since when was he right-footed? He's good with both feet but Ledley has always been predominantly left-footed.

Everyday I watch SSN to hear some supposed 'expert' make a point using facts that are completely inaccurate &, worse, nobody even corrects them!!

After the warm up game today Terry Butcher said how Defoe scored but that was his only touch in the whole 45min!! Utter rubbish! Defoe not only touched the ball plenty but he used it well, he had anther cracking shot from long-range that just missed the post & he almost set-up Crouch on 2 occasions, he held the ball up several times & he attempted to chip the goal-keeper, altho the least said about that the better!

If we are going to complain, can we at least get the facts right
    Bass you speaking about the forum talk or you referring to fans and pundits in the real world?

Know what you mean though, I'm getting tired of defending King & Dawson from the guys at work

VIP Member

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke0405 View Post
    Bass you speaking about the forum talk or you referring to fans and pundits in the real world?

Know what you mean though, I'm getting tired of defending King & Dawson from the guys at work
    Not on the forum, but on Sky, on talkSPORT, etc.

I had to turn the radio off just now they were talking such complete nonsense and trying to whir everyone into a negative frenzy.

So we did not play wonderful football in our last 3 friendlies, so flipping what. I'm actually THRILLED about the way our last 3 games have gone, they could not have gone better in my opinion, & here's why:

These are not typical friendlies. Do we really think going out & thrashing a team 6-0 & playing party football would actually benefit us in any way? So Mexico, Japan & even the Platinum Stars gave us a bit of a runaround, we'll be all the fitter after that than we would've been if we had just kept possession. These games are about preparation, playing together & learning about our team & where we are. Keeping possession, scoring lots of goals & being generally brilliant, especially against lower grade opposition, does not do any of that, it teaches us NOTHING & does not benefit us in any way.

In 2006 we played Jamaica in our final warm up, Crouch scored a hat-trick & we won 6-0 with a great performance. Everyone watched that & said we'd win the World Cup & Crouch would be robo-dancing his way to the Golden Boot! We went to the tournament & we were AWFUL & Crouch only got 1 goal. We got so much more out of all of these warm up games than we ever did that day against Jamaica.

I've watched loads of the friendlies & the other teams have hardly been amazing. Spain only just won their games against Korea & Saudi Arabia, both 1-0 with last minute goals. France got beaten by China & Italy drew 1-1 with Switzerland.

However, we STILL won ours. Winning is still important for our confidence but we don't get over-confident & the game against Japan was brilliant for that, coming back from behind and everything.

People just do not look at things the right way & I've not only heard people complaining about our recent performances but also about stuff that has not even happened yet!! Some people I was listening to the other day were moaning because they did not think England would win the group!!! How can you moan about that?? Do they know the future?

Its crazy. We are playing with a funny ball at really high altitude. Especially today, had we just retained possession against the Stars, we simply would not have achieved anything & that is the problem with letting the public watch training games as we expect stuff which the team & Fabio do not. It was a good work out for the boys today, both our strike partnerships scored, we got more used to the ball & the conditions as the game progressed.

I've heard some say that the 1st half was a shambles - that's an over reaction if ever I heard one. We scored a great goal in the 3rd minute & showed what we could do when required. The idea is not to then go hell-for-leather & score another 3, but pick up several injuries & have players pass out with altitude sickness! No, we got a goal ahead, so we keep ourselves fit, we don't take unnecessary risks & we just get used to the conditions & the players alongside us. Had they got a goal, like that penalty, then I'm sure we would've pressed a bit more for a second but it was not needed. That penalty was an absolute joke anyway & the ref was even laughing when he awarded it!

Its getting on my wick. All that matters is that we go out & do the business against USA &, if we fail to do that, instead of moaning about it we should concentrate on getting it right against Algeria. The time for moaning is AFTERWARDS when we've been knocked out, certainly not in the middle of the competition & absolutely DEFINITELY not before it has even started!

And, if we are going to moan, can people at least make sure they are moaning about facts that actually exist!
    Last edited by basskadet; 07-06-2010 at 07:29 PM.

6. These users say thanks for this post

hotspur1960 (07-06-2010),Luke0405 (07-06-2010)

First Team Player

Status
    Two good posts bass and as i listen to talksport at some time during the day i completely agree with what you say.
    I still think there's too many gooners and dippers on sky and they tend to slag off
    our yids more than other teams players.

Status
    This business about Walcott is crazy- as an American, if I wasn't also a Spurs supporter, I would MUCH rather us have to face Walcott.

Lennon is a far better, smarter, and more complete player, and he's faster than the scummer IMO. I have actually seen some pundits during the season point out that when Lennon's fit he's unplayable- the fooker just runs around you, and that's that. I can't see where leaving Walcott was a mistake on the part of your manager.

A lot of this stuff (not playing together well, wacky ball, corrupt referee, etc) is just due to downtime, searching for storylines before the games start.

hey you guys

Status
    Aaahhhh f*ck what the 'experts' say.

If anything, it only makes our lads' international successes and victories (which are visual rather than just speculated) all the more sweeter to see because it completely shuts those pundits up when they see it.

Spurs 5 - 0 Arsenal.
    Lennon 1 - 0 Walcott

Enough said.

VIP Member

Status
    Well, the cup being in South Africa will no doubt mean that much of this terrible, negative nonsense back here in England won't actually filter thru to the squad, especially with Fabio about. The team are in the middle of nowhere & the press are not allowed to swan around our camp in the same way as they were in Germany. So I don't think that it will effect us too bad but if they do pick up on the general vibe then I actually think it might help us.

We are much better as the underdog. As we proved in Germany 2006, we don't do 'favourites' very well at all. Everyone got so carried away in the run-up to 2006 & felt so let down after England fluffed their lines, I reckon it has a lot to do with how we are being so negative this time around.

However, rather than putting pressure on our players, I think it will take the pressure off a little bit because, as Englishmen, we seem to do better when everybody expects us to fail.

Fabio has already shown that he can turn negative expectation into a positive performance on the pitch when it really matters after England looked a bit poor in a few friendlies leading up to our important WC Qualifiers & everyone started saying how we had no chance & how we would be embarrassed by the Croatians as we left for Zagreb & we played brilliantly & won 4-1 away from Home.

VIP Member

Status
    OMG, I've heard it all now!

They were just saying on talkSPORT how, if Paul Scholes had answered England's call, he would've been perfect to fulfil the HOLDING ROLE in our midfield??

Legend !

Status
    I'm more concerned you're going to break the exclamation button on your keyboard, Bass.

It's all just fluff, the phoney war, filling up space before there's actually something to talk about. I'm spending my spare time away from the radio if possible (although I'm rubbish at it, being an info junkie); internet p0rn's a good way to kill time, I find. There'll be more than enough to fill my days with when it starts, especially as I gave myself the entire World Cup off today, so I've only three days of work to get through... Yyyyyeah baby.

hey you guys

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    ...internet p0rn's a good way to kill time, I find....
    Polishing your vuvuzela are you?

14. Who Thanked this post

rudi (07-06-2010)

Legend !

Status
    lennon is already proven for england he works well with the team, his crossing is good which improves other players. walcott has bad delivering and he is slower with the ball, he has lost much of his confidence from his days as a southampton player

First Team Player

Status
    terry butcher is a pundit? dear god. that retard was a manager for one of the club teams in australia a few years ago. and did a horrible job

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by weirddave View Post
    Polishing your vuvuzela are you?
    well if he could blow it, he'd never leave the house.

Status
    Well done Basskadet , I've enjoyed reading your insightful comments , I too heard that comment by Bitcher , sorry Butcher , and thought , WHAT !! ??

SSN could do a lot worse than employ you , I promise .

Keep it coming .

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter