groany fooker lol

Status
    he said sky sports news heroes..... doh

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by funkfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he said sky sports news heroes..... doh
    But Sky Sports News have never shown any games hence why I was seeking clarification.

Will the players who start win a cap? (may sound like a silly question, but, they're not playing against a Nation - hence why I ask)

VIP Member

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    But Sky Sports News have never shown any games hence why I was seeking clarification.

Will the players who start win a cap? (may sound like a silly question, but, they're not playing against a Nation - hence why I ask)
    No, they won't. England have not submitted an official teamsheet, so that has to mean no caps.

Good goal from JD tho, & Ledley has looked solid so far.

6. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (07-06-2010)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by basskadet View Post
    No, they won't. England have not submitted an official teamsheet, so that has to mean no caps.

Good goal from JD tho, & Ledley has looked solid so far.
    saw where Johnson gave up a penalty though- guy missed it.

Legend !

Status
    its live on bbc online only i think though... this is a link my friend has sent me

World Cup warm-up matches

Legend !

Status
    Joe Hart, Johnson, King, Terry, Cole, SWP, Gerrard, Lampard, J Cole, Crouch, Defoe was the starting line up...

3-0 to england the result joe cole, rooney & defoe

joe cole was the only player to play the whole game and Dawson played in the second half

Legend !

Status
    Mmm, that was OK, should buoy up the mood in camp. Lovely goal from Rooney, no one got hurt and Johnson showed why he's a bloody dreadful defender. Pip pip!

[ed] And that ball really travels, doesn't it?

Player in Training

Status
    I only saw the the last 10 minutes, was Dawson doing good?

VIP Member

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stroud_jm View Post
    saw where Johnson gave up a penalty though- guy missed it.
    The officiating was absolutely shocking. Johnson barely blew on the guy & te ref gave a penalty, he booked Rooney & Heskey for looking at the opposition funny & they gave Lennon offside when he was about 10m onside, with about 4 opposition players between him & the goalkeeper when the ball was played right in front of the linesman! It was a joke.

The officials just either did not know what they were doing or, being local referees, they were trying to give their local team a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Henry Percy View Post
    I only saw the the last 10 minutes, was Dawson doing good?
    I thought Dawson looked superb out there. He actually showed some real class on the ball at times, did not give the ball away once, made some great challenges & there was 1 point where he was left a bit high & dry by Upson & a striker got in behind him with his pace & Daws did amazing to even get back at all &, altho he did not actually make a tackle, I thought it was superb defending to get back & do enough to put the guy off, when he was otherwise 1 on 1 with the goalie, without risking giving away a penalty.

I was very impressed with Daws, he did not look remotely out his depth. It might have been good for him to get his 1st game in an England shirt against a club side because it removes some of that edge that I think many players suffer under when they 1st start playing for England. Daws is just not that sort of character tho & I was very impressed to see him really bossing our backline, barking out instructions & constantly talking & communicating with Upson, who is supposed to be the experienced 1 but you would not have known that at all.
    Last edited by basskadet; 07-06-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    I thought Lennon played himself into the team against USA. With his pace and Rooneys hunger we looked twice the side that played in the first half.

They reckon that the heat for the 7.30 games is 50 degrees F lower than it is at 3!! That is bloody mental.

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by basskadet View Post
    Daws is just not that sort of character tho & I was very impressed to see him really bossing our backline, barking out instructions & constantly talking & communicating with Upson, who is supposed to be the experienced 1 but you would not have known that at all.
    That is really great, hopefully he has made a good impression on Capello today. He deserves to play some of the world cup games, after the great season he have had.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter