Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    I am wondering why FIFA does not allow the Basque Country and Catalonia is spain to have their own national teams

england and wales and scotland and even northern ireland all get a team so its only fair

also greenland is part of denmark and they have a team! there are many examples. the basque country and catalonia even have their own language and unique culture so i think they should have a team for each. fifa is just afraid that one of these teams might be much better than spain

spanish players from catalonia:

Victor Valdes
    bojan krkic
    fabregazza (hehe sorry bad joke)
    xavi
    iniesta
    puyol
    pique
    joan capdevila
    david navarro
    raul tamudo
    pedro
    sergio busquets

as you can see they are a nice team

also there is a team in spain who only uses players from the basque country, so it is basically a basque national team. it is called Athletic Club Bilbao and they are one of three clubs never relegated from La Liga. can you guess the others?

the basque country is smaller than catalonia but it still makes many great players not just playing for bilbao. Mikel arteta is basque, and so is xabi alonso. also two players playing for spain at the world cup, fernando llorente and javi martinez are basque

anyway do you guys agree, should these regions of spain be allowed to have their own national team

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am wondering why FIFA does not allow the Basque Country and Catalonia is spain to have their own national teams

england and wales and scotland and even northern ireland all get a team so its only fair

also greenland is part of denmark and they have a team! there are many examples. the basque country and catalonia even have their own language and unique culture so i think they should have a team for each. fifa is just afraid that one of these teams might be much better than spain

spanish players from catalonia:

Victor Valdes
    bojan krkic
    fabregazza (hehe sorry bad joke)
    xavi
    iniesta
    puyol
    pique
    joan capdevila
    david navarro
    raul tamudo
    pedro
    sergio busquets

as you can see they are a nice team

also there is a team in spain who only uses players from the basque country, so it is basically a basque national team. it is called Athletic Club Bilbao and they are one of three clubs never relegated from La Liga. can you guess the others?

the basque country is smaller than catalonia but it still makes many great players not just playing for bilbao. Mikel arteta is basque, and so is xabi alonso. also two players playing for spain at the world cup, fernando llorente and javi martinez are basque

anyway do you guys agree, should these regions of spain be allowed to have their own national team
    its a touchy subject with eta and all.i used to go to san sabastian alot on holiday and made some great friends there,but the spainish are against it big time,cant see it happening anytime soon though

Legend !

Status
    San Sebastian is class. Great fookin place.

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    San Sebastian is class. Great fookin place.
    yeah the food is just too good and im fat enough as it is,i had to stop going

First Team Player

Status
    yea i have read on this subject a little bit. catalonia have been trying to get a team into fifa for a while but they keep knocking them back. so they just play friendlies.

and yes greenland do have a team but they are not allowed to compete in international comps i think, maby not even friendlies. because they dont have a grass pitch lol

THTV Donator

Status
    Lets put it this way, Barcelona is Catalonia. There is already a team:

Catalonia national football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll let the smart ones figure out why they can't play to qualify for the world cup and all.

Status
    Greenland is not in FIFA .

Legend !

Status
    because greenland is owned by Denmark if i'm not mistaken.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter