Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status
    Gomes managed to play most of Brazil's friendly against Zimbabwe and, unsurprisingly, kept a clean sheet! Brazil won 3-0 with goals from Elano, Robinho & Bastos, with Gomes called into action only a couple times.

Gomes played because of a back injury to Brazil's 1st choice keeper Julio Cesar, but the physio's claim it was not serious & he will be OK for the tournament. One thing is pretty clear from this tho, Big G has now overtaken Doni, quite rightly, & is now firmly Brazil's number 2.

2. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (03-06-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Yep. Well done by Gomes. Glad to see he had some chances to make some stops as well.

Status
    Just seen some highlights on the tv, made one well covered diving save...the first goal was an absolute screamer. Well done Gomes, hope he features for them in a couple games since Cesar might be injured.

Legend !

Status
    You are doing all right if he is your backup!

Status
    Good to hear it.

On the other hand, I saw the highlights of the Portugal-Cameroon game and BAE looked pretty poor.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stroud_jm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to hear it.

On the other hand, I saw the highlights of the Portugal-Cameroon game and BAE looked pretty poor.

Thats 'cause they don't pay him.

8. These users say thanks for this post

Justice (03-06-2010),CorLuka Modric (03-06-2010),donatorHeroes (03-06-2010),rudi (03-06-2010),stroud_jm (03-06-2010),thfcire (03-06-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Well Done gomes i hope 2 c him as number 1 !!

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by basskadet View Post
    Gomes managed to play most of Brazil's friendly against Zimbabwe and, unsurprisingly, kept a clean sheet! Brazil won 3-0 with goals from Elano, Robinho & Bastos, with Gomes called into action only a couple times.

Gomes played because of a back injury to Brazil's 1st choice keeper Julio Cesar, but the physio's claim it was not serious & he will be OK for the tournament. One thing is pretty clear from this tho, Big G has now overtaken Doni, quite rightly, & is now firmly Brazil's number 2.
    Bass - do you reckon he could one day be Brazil's number 1?

Legend !

Status
    Glad to hear Gomez got a game in its time to show the world that Spurs are all over!

12. Who Thanked this post

gazza (04-06-2010)

Status
    Considering that Julio Cesar and Gomes are so close in age I dont know if he could surpass him for the #1 both are brilliant GK's but he could over take him if this "injury" is a bad, but they arent suggesting that. However with a bit of good luck Gomes could become the #1. He definitely has the quality to be a #1 GK for any country.

14. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (03-06-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Cesarean is quality though would be very hard to unseat him. But gomes is a yid and well worthy of the chance

Status
    I agree Lumin...in some cases thats how the international game goes, someone gets injured and that back up gets a chance...by all means Gomes is no back up but is definitely class

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by US_Spurs_Fan View Post
    Thats 'cause they don't pay him.
    One of the best things i've read over my time on this forum, well done sir

But fook me if you, 2 of the best goalkeepers in the world, Brazil ain't struggling in that department are they. Unlucky for Gomes that Cesar got in before him and established himself, aside from Brazil i can only think of the Spain team where Gomes wouldn't be the first choice keeper

18. Who Thanked this post

US_Spurs_Fan (03-06-2010)

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Unfortunatley for Gomes, a clean sheet in a Brazil team against Zimbabwe will not raise any eye brows. I could of played in goal and would have been expected to keep a clean sheet!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    Bass - do you reckon he could one day be Brazil's number 1?
    Not while Cesar's on two feet. Coco's just unlucky Brazil are currently blessed with three gold-standard 'keepers at the mo, and, as usual with goalkeepers, it's somewhat a case of dead-men's shoes.

I'm old enough to remember when "Brazilian Goalkeeper" was basically a punchline to a joke.
    Last edited by rudi; 03-06-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter