Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Status
    Bulgaria, who play England in our World Cup group I believe, have just lost their best player. Dimi has deserted them in true sulky fashion, just before a World Cup!

He has been criticised recently & instead of taking it on the chin, improving his game & proving everyone wrong, he decides to quit his country!!

Apparently it is the 2nd senior player to have quit the Bulgarian national team recently. If you ask me, it is a cop out. However, it helps England out & our group looks even easier now.

Berbatov quits Bulgaria

THTV Donator

Status
    Unprofessional!

And some quarters of this forum would want him back with open arms.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unprofessional!

And some quarters of this forum would want him back with open arms.
    How's it unprofessional?

Legend !

Status
    Bulgaria is not in the WC. they finished 3rd in the group with Italy and Ireland. maybe Euro's 2012 but not the WC.

VIP Member

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steelktm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bulgaria is not in the WC. they finished 3rd in the group with Italy and Ireland. maybe Euro's 2012 but not the WC.
    Lol, you're right. Its our Euro qualifying group they're in. I confused them with Slovenia for some reason!

Still, him quitting makes our Euro campaign easier, & Wales' for that matter! I'd love for Wales to finish 2nd behind England

Legend !

Status
    yeah that is definetly the case. however when i was watching the WC qual against Ireland both games Berba was pretty invisable anyway unless i was missing something in both games. he does seem to have fallen off and it makes the 30m Spurs got for him that much better. lol.

Legend !

Status
    What a fooker

Legend !

Status
    One Big Sulker.

First Team Player

Status
    yea on the surface it seems unpatriotic, him probably thinking they wont make it to a major tournament any time soon. maby he has his reasons.

i remember when david pizarro quit chile because he said all the younger players used to turn up to training drunk

Legend !

Status

Legend !

Status
    can't be worse than when Ireland left the ROI national team eh?

First Team Player

Status
    Bulgaria have enough young strikers and Berbatov is not needed. And indeed he was mostly invisible for his country since he left Spurs. I believe someone ripped red nose off and sell him Berba's twin brother instead

talking in the wind

Status
    wasnt he the captain???? as steel said and i commented at the time he was piss poor in both the games against ireland,he was even more lazy and uninterested than normal and thats saying something

First Team Player

Status
    Yes he was the captain. But Stiliyan Petrov from Villa was a captain before, I guess he will be again for 2012 qualifiers.

15. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (13-05-2010)

First Team Player

Status
    izmialov the other player to retire? for me that might say something
    not so sure, I don't think he was happy with Bulgarian football and the team as a whole
    but ye its his design, just seems a haphazard one

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter