Register To Comment

Status
    Having watched the WC Final , with both teams playing 4-2-3-1 , what does everybody think Englands team formation should be ?

And should English clubs follow suit so that the national team players know exactly what to do ?

Discuss ?

Legend !

Status
    ....................................Hart.......... .....................
    Johnson...........Dawson............(someone)..... ....Cole(A)

..................Barry........................Lam ps (A)...............
    Lennon............................................ ............Cole
    ...............................Gerrard (A)..............................
    ................................Rooney............ ................

Now this is not at all accurate because who knows where they will be in 2 years.. I don't know about any younger english players because I'm Irish, so maybe someone can help fill in the gaps with the (A) = Age Problem

First Team Player

Status
    i really dislike the 4-2-3-1 formation simply because of its rigidness and because generally it is defensive minded. saying that spain and holland play the formation completely differently yet i think it focuses too much on breaking down the opposition (ie the 2 def midfielders).

i guess spain use the 2 holding mids to start all their attacks from deep and slowly play through the middle

4. Who Thanked this post

Rev John Ripsher (12-07-2010)

Status
    I would have thought that 4-2-3-1 would have been easy for fast wingers to exploit , probably what Capello was trying to do ?

Legend !

Status
    In my formation, i'd Have Lampard more forward with Barry doing the Hatchet man role so it wouldn't be defensive..

Player in Training

Status
    Johnson, Wilshere and Rodwell for sure

First Team Player

Status
    In the 4-2-3-1 formation I think this would be awesome:

-----------------------Hart------------
    Johnson--------Dawson---------Cahill---------Cole
    ---------------Rodwell--------Huddlestone------
    --Lennon--------------Wilshere-----------Johnson
    ---------------------Rooney-------------------

That might be a bit idealistic though. It would be nice to try first in a friendly or qualifier, but in all honesty we might need one or two more experienced players in midfield and in center-back. Playing one or two of Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand, or Terry might be important. It would also be nice if Owen Hargreaves could return to his previous form to play in Euro 2012, although I doubt that will happen.

Some alternatives could be Kieran Gibbs, Jagielka, Young and Walcott as wingers, Carroll or Abonglahor as forwards, and hopefully we can get a better right back . Not sure whether I'd play Richards or Johnson there.

Legend !

Status
    I would never drop crouch in the england squad neither would I drop defoe!

Meaning I would play with crouch and defoe and rooney can come from the bench!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter