Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    Sky confirms F1 iPad app with 'four-way' multiscreen viewing | T3

Sky confirms F1 iPad app with 'four-way' multiscreen viewing

Ahead of next month's launch of the Sky Sports F1 HD channel, Sky has revealed to T3 that it will release an F1 app with four-way multiscreen features

I knew they were going to throw lots of money into tech. This is what the EPL should be doing.

Hat's off to Sky. That's why I've supported them since the start.

Legend !

Status
    still have bloody adverts though

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonds44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    still have bloody adverts though
    Not during the race though.

I don't get that argument. I've never seen you complain because there are adverts during half time of a match, or before, or even after.

Legend !

Status
    I was quite happy that Sky had taken over F1 until I lost my job last month and had to cancel Sky as I can't afford it any more. Now I'll only get to see half the races.
    Sky do a great job with any sports they show, they invest decent money into it and it sounds like they're going all out to get the best coverage possible.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Park Lane Yido View Post
    Not during the race though.

I don't get that argument. I've never seen you complain because there are adverts during half time of a match, or before, or even after.
    when ITV used to have coverage they would put adverts through the race at places when it wasn't very interesting, I have no qualms about adverts at half time etc but F1 races are 1-2hours long and Sky Sports will need to put adverts somewhere and there's no halftime in F1

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonds44 View Post
    when ITV used to have coverage they would put adverts through the race at places when it wasn't very interesting, I have no qualms about adverts at half time etc but F1 races are 1-2hours long and Sky Sports will need to put adverts somewhere and there's no halftime in F1
    Sky Sports F1 have constantly and categorically said that they will not be like ITV ever since they announced they had the deal. They will not show a single advert during the race.

From Sky Sports website (back at start Dec):

Will the race be interrupted by adverts?
    In a word: no.

But Bazz up the pub last night insisted that all the grands prix would be full of adverts...
    We're aware that there's been plenty of false rumouring doing the rounds about our coverage, but here's one thing you can be certain of: Sky Sports F1 HD will be broadcasting all of next season's races live and uninterrupted by adverts. Promise.
    And from earlier this month:
    From its launch, Sky Sports F1 HD will give viewers:

EVERY RACE LIVE: From March to November, every moment of each race will be live in HD, without the interruption of adverts.

LIVE PRACTICE AND QUALIFYING: Every practice and qualifying session for each Grand Prix will be shown live on one channel, Sky Sports F1 HD.

THE FULL SEASON IN-DEPTH: Over nine months, viewers will have a wealth of programmes with in-depth interviews, archive action and weekly magazine shows.

EXTRA LIVE CONTENT: Through Sky's interactive service, fans can follow the action through on-board cameras, go behind the scenes with the teams in the pits, and follow race data, to take them further inside the sport.

7. Who Thanked this post

edmonds44 (17-02-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Don't forget channels can use product placement nowadays. So we may see a bit more of that creeping in!

9. Who Thanked this post

edmonds44 (17-02-2012)

THTV Donator

Status
    Looking forward to this, I believe the channel launches on the 6th march...I am hoping for 3D soon as well. 3D cockpit view will be amazing

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Park Lane Yido View Post
    Don't forget channels can use product placement nowadays. So we may see a bit more of that creeping in!
    I stand corrected then mate... that was my only down opinion of Sky getting F1, I have sky so paying for it didn't bother me as i have it for the sports anyway, i just assumed they would, but i never really looked into it! thank you for the insight

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter