Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Goals scored? I show us down 5 at the moment so we'd need to win 5-0 just to get level with Rubin if they lose 1-0. What would be the next tiebreaker?

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bfwolf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goals scored? I show us down 5 at the moment so we'd need to win 5-0 just to get level with Rubin if they lose 1-0. What would be the next tiebreaker?
    You have as much chance of scoring 5 goals against Rovers as I have of winning the lottery.I can accutally see you dropping points in Tallaght and I dont think the Russians and Greeks will be too bothered about winning.Iwould imagine they will both settle for the draw.
    to answer the question if it is level on GD the team with the highest number of goals For would qualify and if that is the same it goes to whoever done best in their head to head games.But as we all know this could change at any time as UEFA seem to make up the rules as they go along.

hey you guys

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Ted View Post
    You have as much chance of scoring 5 goals against Rovers as I have of winning the lottery...
    Would that be our lottery or the Irish lottery

Legend !

Status
    Scoring 5 goals isn't out of the question if we put a strong team (although I don't think VDV is in the squad for this stage), if unlikely. Obviously Rubin also have to lose as well. I'm not particularly bothered in any case. I know lots of people see Europe as important no matter the competition, but we'd have to sacrifice a lot of fitness levels and run the risk of injuries over a lot of extra games even if we did get through just to have a chance of winning the damn thing. The PL is obviously way more important, so I'm not that bothered.

Status
    I would just like to point out that the prize money is 10 times what the FA Cup has to offer .

6. Who Thanked this post

MagnaThor (07-12-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    [QUOTE=weirddave;515207]Would that be our lottery or the Irish lottery ]
    No it would obviously be the Euro Millions!

Legend !

Status
    From now on we need to play our best team! This is our chance to win a huge title(bigger than FA Cup)! Go get it boys!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bfwolf View Post
    Being the Europa League & its crazy set-up, I believe it would then be decided by a 8-leg, mini round robin play-off, comprising of all involved teams, contested over 3 consecutive days in between 2 of our most important xmas fixtures.

10. Who Thanked this post

Father Ted (07-12-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yidington View Post
    Being the Europa League & its crazy set-up, I believe it would then be decided by a 8-leg, mini round robin play-off, comprising of all involved teams, contested over 3 consecutive days in between 2 of our most important xmas fixtures
    Plus you would need a playoff for second and third place just in case any other team is thrown out of the competition because there not fashionable.
    Rememember Sion Were replaced by Celtic on a techncality.
    On a serious note however Seat,sponsers of the europa league have signed a sponsership deal with Shamrock Rovers which is reputed to be a huge sum of money in terms of league of Ireland football.We must have done something right during the competion.

12. Who Thanked this post

Yidington (07-12-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    I would just like to point out that the prize money is 10 times what the FA Cup has to offer .
    The game is about the Glory.Surprised at you bring money into the equation!

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Ted View Post
    The game is about the Glory.Surprised at you bring money into the equation!
    And in today's system, money brings glory.

What @Rev John Ripsher said about the amount should make you all think twice about wanting out of the EL so badly.

15. Who Thanked this post

Rev John Ripsher (08-12-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnaThor View Post
    And in today's system, money brings glory.

What @Rev John Ripsher said about the amount should make you all think twice about wanting out of the EL so badly.
    Compared to the money a top 4 finish brings and the attraction of Champions League Football.......I'd rather have that.

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    Compared to the money a top 4 finish brings and the attraction of Champions League Football.......I'd rather have that.
    We could have had both. 10-12 million pounds for the EL, and what makes you think we'll make 33 million again from the CL? What if we don't win the group (let alone advance to top , and finish 3rd or 4th? That would bring the same amount of money as the EL amount I mentioned.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnaThor View Post
    We could have had both. 10-12 million pounds for the EL, and what makes you think we'll make 33 million again from the CL? What if we don't win the group (let alone advance to top , and finish 3rd or 4th? That would bring the same amount of money as the EL amount I mentioned.
    Qualification for the CL and all the TV Revenue that comes from the competition would surely give us more than winning the EL.

Status
    Lyon last night managed to turn around a 7 goal disadvantage into a qualification into the knockout phase .

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter