Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    boo

Status
    there are some heavyweight names in the cup this year so what do you think? i've gone for (in no particular order)

Anderlecht, Atletico Madrid, Dynamo Kiev, Lazio, Paris SG, PSV Eindhoven, Athletic Bilbao, Schalke, Standard Liege, us.

but yeah, i guess a lot depends on how serious each teams competes in the competition. here is the list of teams currently playing;

AEK Athens, Lokomotiv Moscow, Anderlecht, Sturm Graz, Atletico Madrid, Udinese, Aust. Vienna, AZ Alkmaar, Besiktas, Dynamo Kiev, Birmingham, Club Brugge, Braga, NK Maribor, Celtic, Rennes, FC Copenhagen, Hannover 96, FC Metalist Kharkiv, Malmo, FC Twente, Odense BK, FC Vaslui, Sporting, Fulham, Wisla Krakow, Lazio, FC Zurich, Legia Warsaw, Rapid Bucharest, Macc Tel-Aviv, Stoke, Paris SG, Slovan Bratislava, PSV Eindhoven, Hapoel Tel-Aviv, SV Salzburg, Athletic Bilbao, Rubin Kazan, Tottenham, Schalke 04, AEK Larnaca, Shamrock Rovers, PAOK Salonika, Steaua Bucharest, Maccabi Haifa, Vorskla Poltava, Standard Liege

i love mister ed and can not lie lol

Status
    You mean the Europa League Boo?

For me it's Spurs, Atletico Madrid, FC Twente, Udinese, Braga, Lazio, PSG, PSV, Schalke and Standard Liege.

boo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by THFCWill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean the Europa League
    yeah, sorry mate, i was talking aboot the europa league

4. Who Thanked this post

THFCWill (04-11-2011)

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    I'd have to go with: Bilbao, At. Madrid, Spurs, Lazio, Udinese, PSV, Schalke. I don't know how Bilbao did this week, but they sweeped the first 3 games, in a relatively difficult group too. I've been watching them mostly because of Llorente, but he hasn't impressed me that much. Most of it because of the poor service, but I'd really need to watch more. Schalke of course have a very strong team, as do Lazio. I think we could see Fulham if they make it past the group stage. They have the experience, as does their manager thanks to us.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by THFCWill View Post
    You mean the Europa League Boo?

For me it's Spurs, Atletico Madrid, FC Twente, Udinese, Braga, Lazio, PSG, PSV, Schalke and Standard Liege.
    Standard Liege sucks big time this year. They sold their most important players (Defour, Witsel, Carcela...), even in the Belgian league they struggle to be top 5.

7. Who Thanked this post

gazza (09-11-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Atletico Madrid, Udinese, FC Twente, Lazio, Paris SG, PSV Eindhoven, Athletic Bilbao, Rubin Kazan, Tottenham, Schalke 04

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Dijck View Post
    Standard Liege sucks big time this year. They sold their most important players (Defour, Witsel, Carcela...), even in the Belgian league they struggle to be top 5.
    They finally sold Stephen Defour? Let's see who to...

Porto huh. He'll do good there, but I think he should have gone to Bundesliga... he's a player who I've been loosely foolowing since he was a teenager, imo will never become anything big. But this just further proves how horribly weak Belgium is at football. If he played in a top 6 Eredivisie team, I bet they would have been able to hold on to him. Also ****ty Chelski hammering their champions in London... I mean United were able to score how many goals at home against a Romanian club whose highest transfer ever cost 85,000 pounds... I'm dissapointed by Belgium, had such a good squad in the 80s, and such a developed nation.

Status
    Oh, just wanted to say Belgians have some of the fooking COOLEST NAMES EVER!!!!!!

Axel Witsel, Eden Hazard... god!! I totally want a Hazard/Belgium shirt unless he moves to a club I like I'll get the club one then.

11. Who Thanked this post

THFCWill (06-11-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Well Porto is famous of shining the footballer profiles and sell them 2 3 times more than their real value. I would not be very surprised if we see Defour moving to a big team in a couple of years for ****loads of money.

Also, Turkey was in the same group with the Belgium in the qualifications and I was at the stadium when they played here. They really have a good and balanced squad but they miss some experienced guys in the middle. They are still playing like rookies at times and need someone to regroup them.

I believe they need a good striker though. They put too much pressure to a 18yo boy, they should give him some time to develop his play.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnaThor View Post
    They finally sold Stephen Defour? Let's see who to...

Porto huh. He'll do good there, but I think he should have gone to Bundesliga... he's a player who I've been loosely foolowing since he was a teenager, imo will never become anything big. But this just further proves how horribly weak Belgium is at football. If he played in a top 6 Eredivisie team, I bet they would have been able to hold on to him. Also ****ty Chelski hammering their champions in London... I mean United were able to score how many goals at home against a Romanian club whose highest transfer ever cost 85,000 pounds... I'm dissapointed by Belgium, had such a good squad in the 80s, and such a developed nation.
    In the Netherlands they also can't keep their players.
    Ruiz: Twente to Fulham
    Suarez: Ajax to Liverpool
    Stekelenburg: Ajax to AS Roma

It's all about money these days, who the hell wants to play in Belgium when he can earn double the money in another country.

Status
    In the Netherlands they also can't keep their players.
    Ruiz: Twente to Fulham
    Suarez: Ajax to Liverpool
    Stekelenburg: Ajax to AS Roma

It's all about money these days, who the hell wants to play in Belgium when he can earn double the money in another country.
    I understand, and agree that Holland league is also weak, but it isn't on the same level as Belgium. Belgium imo is on the same level as Romania, and that's a shame because Belgium is far too developed to be considered into the same category as Romania on any subject matter. They used to be really good, back in the 80s Anderlecht and Standard were all over Europe, with Gent and Brugge to smaller extents. I'm positive Belgium is going to increase their level up a whole lot in the upcoming competitions for this decade, considering the squad they have, and I'll be rooting for them as I have always appreciated both Holland and Belgium.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Maro View Post
    Well Porto is famous of shining the footballer profiles and sell them 2 3 times more than their real value. I would not be very surprised if we see Defour moving to a big team in a couple of years for ****loads of money.

Also, Turkey was in the same group with the Belgium in the qualifications and I was at the stadium when they played here. They really have a good and balanced squad but they miss some experienced guys in the middle. They are still playing like rookies at times and need someone to regroup them.

I believe they need a good striker though. They put too much pressure to a 18yo boy, they should give him some time to develop his play.
    Good point on the Porto note, and I agree with the rest of what you said. A veteran playmaker in the center and a veteran striker would almost complete that team full of young massive talents.

First Team Player

Status
    Good point on the Porto note, and I agree with the rest of what you said. A veteran playmaker in the center and a veteran striker would almost complete that team full of young massive talents.
    I agree with the fact that we need a more experienced striker, but in the center we are settled with Fellaini, Witsel, Defour and Simons. You should also have a look at Vadis Odjidja from Club Brugge. He's a great player also ready to take a next step in his carreer.
    A more important problem with Belgium is that they have not a single full back worthy to play in the national team. Now guys like Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Lombaerts and Alderweireld (all of them center backs) play at those positions.

Status
    I agree with the fact that we need a more experienced striker, but in the center we are settled with Fellaini, Witsel, Defour and Simons. You should also have a look at Vadis Odjidja from Club Brugge. He's a great player also ready to take a next step in his carreer.
    A more important problem with Belgium is that they have not a single full back worthy to play in the national team. Now guys like Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Lombaerts and Alderweireld (all of them center backs) play at those positions.
    I agree that they're full of quality CB's. But in the midfield, although Witsel is very good, Defour solid, and Fellaini I see more as a destroyer than a playmaker; they just don't have that experience. I'm talking about someone like Pirlo or Xavi. If you watched Italy in the WC, you would have noticed that whenever Pirlo was on the field, they were 4 times better than without him on the field.

Status
    Oh, just wanted to say Belgians have some of the fooking COOLEST NAMES EVER!!!!!!

Axel Witsel, Eden Hazard... god!! I totally want a Hazard/Belgium shirt unless he moves to a club I like I'll get the club one then.

You need help !! LOL

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter