Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Player

Status
    its never easy to take a beating from any team especially at home but when its done with so much style it defo takes the pain from it -probably easier given Spurs are my english team-

I obviously only get the chance to see the spurs games on the tv but its obvious that the tv doesnt always do them justice given the speed, accurracy of passing ,movement of the ball and the sheer size of the players ffs what do you feed them on

only one thing from a Spurs player got to me slightly was VDV celebration when he opened the scoring however as he went on to produce one of the most accomplished performances at Tynie since Dave Mackays days I`ll forgive him

a special mention must go to Gommes at the end of the game he took his top of went behind the goals gave his shirt to a young fan and even signed it for them a small gesture but a hell of a lot of class he even took time out to applaud the Hearts fans

I know my team were how could I say "poor" but I hope the fans that travelled up here enjoyed the pre-match atmosphere and even have some good things to say about Hearts and the fans

now I hope the Spurs players realise this is all part of the game plan let you get a lead then show you the real Hearts in other words weve got you where we want you

2. These users say thanks for this post

boo (20-08-2011),crocop (19-08-2011),gazza (20-08-2011),gomes4life (19-08-2011),harrys lovechild (19-08-2011),MagnaThor (19-08-2011),donatorModric, level 25 magician (20-08-2011),NI Yiddo (20-08-2011),P UNIT 1980 (19-08-2011),Rev John Ripsher (20-08-2011),Rivron (19-08-2011),rossdfc (20-08-2011),Siberian Dreamer (20-08-2011),steventhfc (19-08-2011),Stig (19-08-2011),stroud_jm (19-08-2011),thfcire (19-08-2011),thfcshady27 (19-08-2011),two saints (19-08-2011),Wheretheheckistottenham? (19-08-2011),Yankee (21-08-2011)

Status
    Kind words, @jambocabbie, I think it was pretty obvious we didn't get your best shot last nite, but I was impressed with the effort after the half, when a lot of teams would've just mailed it in. Good to hear about Gomes, he takes a lot of stick on here, including from me, but he certainly seems a nice fella. You might be right, with the team we'll probably put out in the return leg, you'll be in with a decent chance. My prediction at the lane- Hearts 5-0, we'll advance on penalties.

First Team Player

Status
    surprised to see the comment about the size of our players. really? apart from obviously kaboul, dawson, thud, stinky pete (only lanky not solid) and maby walker and livermore i thought we had a pretty small team

First Team Player

Status
    "SMALL" the land of the fekin giants spring to mind

gotta laugh when you lot are singing

we want 6

and we sing

we want 1

6. These users say thanks for this post

steventhfc (19-08-2011),tdw76 (19-08-2011)

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    I thought we were in for a torrid time as the noise your fans were making before kick off was horrendous.

Shame it kinda died on its arse as soon as you went one behind. I was a bit disappointed by that to be honest.

After the second I only heard one team singing on the box mate.

I think as your gaffer alluded to their is a clear gulf in class between the two teams and arguably the two leagues.

It will be a better match the next leg I think unless you lot chuck in the towel and save your lads for the league. Thats what we will be doing so if you's do the same it could be another lesson for your and our reserves sides.

Good luck at WHL.

First Team Player

Status
    @jambocabbie thanks, I felt we played to our potential and exploited the space well. Was a very capable team. What are your hopes for the second leg? bearing in mind we will most likely be field reserves/ squad players. Do you quietly fancy yourselves? to win the tie that is not do you find yourself attractive.

Legend !

Status
    That was probably a reasonably large team. Bale, Livermore, Kranjcar, Kaboul, Dawson and Walker are all quite tall and, with the exception of Bale and Kranjcar, quite beefy. Add Thudd into the mix too. We seem to have a lot of tall players and a lot of small players and not much in between.

Player in Training

Status
    don't think it was the height,more the physical presence,anyway i must say that was the best football i have ever seen played at Tynecastle,pace,power,movement,you had it all

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtrain23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @jambocabbie thanks, I felt we played to our potential and exploited the space well. Was a very capable team. What are your hopes for the second leg? bearing in mind we will most likely be field reserves/ squad players. Do you quietly fancy yourselves? to win the tie that is not do you find yourself attractive.
    my hopes are that we save our players for Hibs three days later

Legend !

Status
    Nice post @jambocabbie I thought your fans were great but as we all know going two down early is not conducive to home crowd singing ... you make a good point about 'giants' we see Premier League players every week so to us 5'11 is a 'shorty' but when you see a PL side come up against a 'normal' side they sure look large - the second leg to be fair will be a practice match, we'll play reserves and you have a big game at the weekend ... still might be entertaining rather hope you get at least one ....

Gomes is a class act, Spurs are doing very well with introducing a 'relationship' culture into our club, BAE and Crouchy got the headlines but the whole squad have been active with the Tottenham community since last week ... small gestures mean so much and the young fan with the signed shirt has a memory for life for just 2 minutes of a players time .... great stuff.

Status
    I did notice that when Bale and Hoddlestone took their shirts off they did look like they had done mahoosive amounts of weight training .

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jambocabbie View Post
    "SMALL" the land of the fekin giants spring to mind

gotta laugh when you lot are singing

we want 6

and we sing

we want 1

I thought i heard your fans singing, "We're going to beat you 6 to 5," towards the end. I only saw it via an internet stream, so i could be wrong. If they did, then i think that's a sign of great fans, even if they were being a bit facetious.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Modric, level 25 magician View Post
    I thought i heard your fans singing, "We're going to beat you 6 to 5," towards the end. I only saw it via an internet stream, so i could be wrong. If they did, then i think that's a sign of great fans, even if they were being a bit facetious.

@Modric, level 25 magician listen at 5:20

"We're gonna win 6-5"

16. These users say thanks for this post

boo (20-08-2011),donatorModric, level 25 magician (20-08-2011)

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdfc View Post

@Modric, level 25 magician listen at 5:20

"We're gonna win 6-5"
    Like i said, that is just downright awesome from the hearts fans. Fair play to you guys for that @jambocabbie

boo

Status
    the shear mechanical precision of the team in that video is scary. pass, move, pass move, attack, pace, move, pass, goal. that is football! amen to being a tottenham fan!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter