Register To Comment

Status
    Harry reported that Aaron Lennon trained today and is available for the Champions League quarter-final, 2nd leg tomorrow night

Harry added that Niko still struggling with foot injury and he'll 'wait and see' but is 'hopeful' on Steven Pienaar, who trained today.

Supposedly Charlie's a doubt

2. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (12-04-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Feel much better about our goal scoring capabilities knowing that Lennon is healthy. It still is going to be interesting to see what sort of combination Harry goes with. Two strikers would make sense but that would leave out one of Bale/Modders/Lennon/VDV....not something I think we should do. Pav with VDV behind...?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feel much better about our goal scoring capabilities knowing that Lennon is healthy. It still is going to be interesting to see what sort of combination Harry goes with. Two strikers would make sense but that would leave out one of Bale/Modders/Lennon/VDV....not something I think we should do. Pav with VDV behind...?
    someone on FTL said we may see 3 at the back tomorrow.......didnt mention anything else.

Legend !

Status
    That surely would be exciting. And totally the wrong way to go if we intend to keep a clean sheet

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    At this point just drop a defender and play three in the back. I'd much rather see us burn away in a blaze of glory rather than slam our heads against the wall for 90 mins and end 0-0.

Legend !

Status
    Fair enough. It's just a matter of whether or not Harry believes we can ACTUALLY overcome the deficit. For this to happen keeping a clean sheet is obviously a must. Therefore playing 4 at the back is necessary. We have scored 4 goals plenty of times playing 4 at the back.

First Team Player

Status
    I'd like to see Kaboul at right back, but not sure if Harry will do that. With Huddlestone in the team, VDV seems to stay higher up the pitch. I think its no coincidence that VDV was higher up from right midfield on Saturday, then he has been when playing as second striker, without Huddlestone in the team! My theory is that Huddlestone means less of an onus for VDV to drop deep and make things happen with the ball in the middle third, as Hudd helps us retain possession in more advanced positions and allows VDV to be closer to the box.

I go with a 4-4-1-1, with all our midfielders being capable of offensive play.

Gomes

Kaboul
    Dawson
    Gallas
    Ekotto

Lennon
    Modric
    Huddlestone
    Bale

VDV
    Pav/Defoe

I expect Corluka will play though, and Gallas may or not make it with Kaboul being in CB if he doesn't.

High scoring draw or narrow loss/ win for us. 2-2,3-3, 3-2 either way.........

Legend !

Status
    Based on the team news, I think Harry will opt for this starting line-up...

Gomes

Kaboul - Dawson - Gallas - Assou-Ekotto

Huddlestone - Modric

Lennon - Van der Vaart - Bale

Pavlyuchenko

Subs: Cudicini (GK), Bassong, Khumalo, Sandro, Jenas, Pienaar, Defoe

Legend !

Status
    if vdv doesnt start that'll be the straw that breaks the camels back and he'll be gone in the summer, imo.

4-2-3-1 or a 3-4-1-2 would be interesting, but i think harry will go with a 4-4-1-1

groany fooker lol

Status
    id leave vdv on the bench and play 4-4-2.

---------------------------------gomes--------------------------
    kaboul------gallas-------------------------dawson-----bae--
    lennon-------hudd------------modric---------------bale-----
    -----------------------pav----------------defoe---------------

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by THFC6061 View Post
    Based on the team news, I think Harry will opt for this starting line-up...

Gomes

Huddlestone - Modric

Lennon - Van der Vaart - Bale

Pavlyuchenko

Subs: Cudicini (GK), Bassong, Khumalo, Sandro, Jenas, Pienaar, Defoe
    You see for me that leaves modric playing in to much of a deffensive role...

Legend !

Status
    If Harry isn't going get too inventive, I like this better than VDV playing.

Gomes

Huddlestone - Sandro

Lennon - Modic - Bale

Pavlyuchenko
    Last edited by USpur; 12-04-2011 at 08:04 PM.

14. Who Thanked this post

weirddave (13-04-2011)

Legend !

Status
    For me I"d settle for a win of any scoreline just to restore some pride .

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter