Register To Comment
    First Team Player

Status
    My question is who has the best chance of qualifying to the semi finals out of:

Spurs: 4-0 Down to Madrid, Home leg to come.
    Inter: 5-2 Down to Shalke, Away leg to come
    Shaktar: 5-1 Down to Barca, Home leg to come

Honestly..I cant see us getting through. But out of the three I do sense that we have the best chance of making the miracle happen. Why?

1. Our home support! No way we wont sell out! And the fans will be amazing even if we are 4-0 down.

2. We have players who have a lot to prove. VDV + Bale need to live up to there first halfs of the season. Both are players who can score against any opposition. Pav can always nick a goal when we are under the cosh (he needs to start doing it more regularly). Lennon 'scapegoat' need I say more.

3. Huddlestone should be back. He can be an asset at picking out through balls for the likes of Bale.

4. We take leads against big team at home very often! Just look at our games against the big teams in the last 10 years at WHL. In alot of them we score first and early. If that happens in the prem, the opposition tend to stay calm as they know theres a long way to go (and spurs have a history of throwing away leads against big teams in recent years.) However in the champs league, with Madrid knowing whats at stake and not wanting to be embarrassed by being the victims of the most dramatic 2nd leg comeback ever..Maybe, just maybe they might crumble. And if you look at games against United in recent years, and even arsenal and chelsea last season which we won, we were 2-0 within 50-60 minutes. If we can do that against Madrid then we can expect half hour of offensive bombardment rather than sitting back on a lead.

Do I expect it to happen..No. If I had to make a prediction I would go with a 2-2. I guess im just trying to keep spirits up. It could be worse.. we could be Inter.

Legend !

Status
    surely not us as we need to score 5 goals and concede 0 to go through.

While inter milan and donezk "only" have to win 4-0.

In fact nobody has a chance.

We couldnt even beat twente without conceding a goal.

One goal by real madrid would mean we have to win 6-1. means we have to score 6 goals.

Its impossible. Imo real madrid will surely score at least 1 goal on our ground.

Certainly when we play that attacking football which we have to.

Even if we lost only "2-0" I still think we wouldnt go through. We needed at least 1 away goal.

I still think we can beat them but it will be something like 2-1.

But if we score an early goal and make it 2-0 after 10 minutes and real madrid gets one send off?

And we have 80 minutes left to score another 3 goals with 1 men more?

Then why not?

You can always dream............
    Last edited by Audere est Facere; 07-04-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Legend !

Status
    Well Inter definitely have the best chance - they are the only team that 'only' trail by three goals, and are playing a much weaker team than us or Shahktar.

But they still have no chance

First Team Player

Status
    I would be happy with any win at home. 1-0 or 2-0 fine. At least we can then walk away with our heads held high.

5. Who Thanked this post

crocop (07-04-2011)

Legend !

Status
    i think those who write posts like this have tickets for the game next week so of course they hope it can somehow happen. but it won't. not against real madrid, we can't even win against wigan anymore.

THTV Donator

Status
    Real Madrid lost 5-0 against Barcelona so Real Madrid could repeat that at WHL. Though "could" has an element of "long-shot"

Our best bet is, win 4-0, go into extra time and pray we win on penalties.

First Team Player

Status
    I made this thread not because I believe we will win! More
    because im bored at being upset and am
    trying to look at the positives.

Anyway I think I might put 1 on spurs to win on penalties. I won't miss the pound and at least it keeps me hoping

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gg17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyway I think I might put 1 on spurs to win on penalties. I won't miss the pound and at least it keeps me hoping
    Not a bad idea

First Team Player

Status
    Inter, undoubtedly.

Player in Training

Status
    It's all pointless. If Schalke scores, Inter needs to make 5. If Real scores, we need to make 6. Only Shakthar would be needing 4 but they play Barcelona. Will be dead boring to watch , just hope we can regain some honour.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter