Register To Comment
    Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    It was 2004, unfancied Deportivo had surprised everyone and got to the QFs where they faced the HOLDERS AC Milan, and went down 4-1.

What happened next?

2. Who Thanked this post

Eduardo (06-04-2011)

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was 2004, unfancied Deportivo had surprised everyone and got to the QFs where they faced the HOLDERS AC Milan, and went down 4-1.

What happened next?
    Ask Depor... or ask Real Madrid.

In 1985 we lost 4-0 to Anderlecht in Brussels and won 6-1 back home.

http://goo.gl/ZFlve

Nothing is over until it's over.

I hope our guys will play with heart and don't take it for easy. White Hart Lane will be a hell. You were very unlucky tonight but you have a very good team. An England's top 4 is always a top team capable of anything. And, personally, I think that the red card was not unfair but... similar to the Van Persie against Barsa. That type that are usually easy against smaller teams and rare against the big ones. Just my honest view.

Let's see what happens in London. I won't miss that match.

One more thing. Redkapp and TH have been real gentlemen. In every sense. You played very fair and clean too.

4. These users say thanks for this post

CmonyouSpurs (05-04-2011),Eduardo (06-04-2011),donatorHeroes (06-04-2011),stroud_jm (06-04-2011),Tottenham94 (05-04-2011)

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Uhhhhh, Real Madrid beating Anderlecht is hardly the same thing as Deportivo or Tottenham beating either of the two greatest clubs in History haha.

Legend !

Status
    our motto should be 'to dare is to dream' lol!

i still have an ounce of faith in me still...

nothing is ever done til it's done in football! maybe another bale hat-trick will be required!

7. Who Thanked this post

Eduardo (06-04-2011)

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uhhhhh, Real Madrid beating Anderlecht is hardly the same thing as Deportivo or Tottenham beating either of the two greatest clubs in History haha.
    History doesn't play the games. I watched that 4-0 and we were just RUBBISH in Brussels. Those years we were nobody in Europe (for ages). Those years Anderlecht was big in Europe and they were better than us.

We won when nobody expected it and that 6-1 is still alive in our memories as if it was yesterday for its value and meaning.

You can also then check this one. In 2007, SuperBarsa met poor Getafe in the Spanish Cup semifinals. In Barcelona, they won easily 5-2 with this famous Maradonian goal of Messi: http://goo.gl/i4cP0

Getafe won 4-0 the second game and went ahead: http://goo.gl/Vj8a5

Nothing is over until it's over.

9. Who Thanked this post

Eduardo (06-04-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Ask Liverpool too.

But if you really want to ask somenone, just ASK WENGER!!! Remember, remember! The arsenal- spurs match, at emirates last year!

Capable of the worst, and of the best, Tottenham Hotspurs.

First Team Player

Status
    Or ask Newcastle, they came back from 4 nil down in 45 minutes and we have 90, so I reckon we'll put 8 past them

How about this for a team?

-----------------Gomes--------------------
    Lennon------Gallas---Dawson----Bale--
    -----------Hudd---------Sandro----------
    -----------------Modric--------------------
    ----VDV--------Pav------Kranjcar/Pienaar

Reckon if we want to score 4 or 5 that's what we'll have to do. If one of their players made a rash challenge and was sent off early that team would put unbelievable pressure on the opposition and definitely score a few goals against 10 men.

12. Who Thanked this post

Eduardo (06-04-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Sometimes I wonder, who else, beyond us, read this. Maybe a manager? a youth TH boy? maybe the reserve? maybe any player? Most of them, surelly knows how to use internet, but, they read this? how we slate them, and then, we wonder how to beat madrid, in WHL. I think, someone, someone must read this. Maybe its just a romantic dream, who knows, but as novalis has his flower never seen, I know someone read this.

So, if someone, part of the crew of TH, read this, I think, at least, he might tell the boys, and the crew, that there, in their places, in their homes and there, in White Hart Lane, will be people believing in them, in those with legs to run, in those who makes us happy, or sad, in those capable of everything. Yet, Ive seen horrible things, today was one of those, but I also have seen incredible things, and next week, might be one of those, I believe it can be, I believe they can do it, but after all that youve read, I know you can do it, but if you cant, well, you must be sure that we will be here still, just to see the spurs go marching in, again, and again, till death do us apart.

Tomorrow is wednesday and in one week, youll receive the best club of XX century. Give them a night that shall be remembered!.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter