Register To Comment

Thread: Is it all over?

Player in Training

Status
    I think not!
    An attacking 4-4-2 set up in the return fixture will set up a thrilling match:
    Gomez
    Corluka Dawson Gallas Bale
    Lennon Sandro Modric
    Van de Vaart
    Defoe Crouch

An early one on one for Defoe, penalty, red card, 1-0.
    Corner, Crouch scores, 2-0 and only 15 minutes have been played.
    44th minute, Crouch nods down for VDV to score. H-T 3-0.
    The rest will be history ............................Bring on Shakhtar!!

Player in Training

Status
    That is what dreams are made of. I would of believed in us at 2-0 but not 4-0.
    Concede and play for pride and get two goals

Legend !

Status
    wow! i guess everyone can dream!

for me? i'd just play for pride and beat madrid at the lane just to say we beat another top european side!

THTV Donator

Status
    I would imagine having been red-carded, that Peter Crouch will be playing no more part in the Champions League this year.

5. Who Thanked this post

MagnaThor (06-04-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    I think it prob is over for us but we can go into the game and play for pride and you never know.....

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Nixspur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would imagine having been red-carded, that Peter Crouch will be playing no more part in the Champions League this year.
    Oh yeah, forgot he will be banned. Pav then.
    I am a dreamer, but as Barbie tells my 6 year old daughter : 'Dreams do come true!'

And the year ends in 1... blah blah blah!! lol

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy_Jae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow! i guess everyone can dream!

for me? i'd just play for pride and beat madrid at the lane just to say we beat another top european side!
    I wonder if Alex Ferguson has ever told his team to just play for pride?
    Real think this tie is all over - it is not. OK we are 4-0 down at half time, but I have a memory of being 3-0 up against Man U at half time.....and it ain't a great memory!!
    Stranger things have happened, not many, I admit, but we have got to keep the faith! And to come back would really shut Mourinho's smug gob up for at least a week!!

Player in Training

Status
    Face it - we're done! Stoke on saturday is now arguably the bigger game if we want more of this CL stuff. And if we only finish 5th then its still been a fine season. Harry's got a big job picking the lads up from this as I'm sure they will be in a funk. Just hope the fans can help lift the spirits on saturday...

First Team Player

Status
    I said this in the other thread, we have almost zero chance but it's not over till it's over and imo we should put out a very, very attacking 4-3-3 with Lennon and Bale playing as our fullbacks. Who cares what happens after that, it would be thrilling, we would score goals and that is what the people who paid to go to this game want to see. Plus the crowd could get behind it and give full support to the team. So I think this:

-----------------Gomes-------------------
    Lennon---Gallas---Dawson----Bale----
    ---------Hudd----------Sandro----------
    -----------------Modric-------------------
    ----VDV-------Pav-----Kranjcar/Pienaar

should be the team. Attack them relentlessly, one of their fullbacks will likely make a rash challenge and be sent off, and after that we pile on the pressure and I can see us scoring at least a few goals especially with the crowd getting behind the team. Why not? Even if we get pounded the **** out of, we can say we have balls and gave it our all even when it looked impossible. It is the type of thing I could see Ferguson doing, but I don't think 'Arry would consider it.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter