Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Player

Status
    Does anyone have any doubts seeing Spurs struggling picking up the points against bottom of the table teams?

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    We definitely can, but it's all about which 'Spurs' turn up.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by alexgn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone have any doubts seeing Spurs struggling picking up the points against bottom of the table teams?
    anyone can beat anyone on the day... its all about moral and how well you deal with the pressure, so in answer to your question... yes we can, but will we? that all depends what happens on the day...

we seem to play better against harder opponents and in Europe we play a different style of football (with Crouch) so you can't compare it to the Wigan game/West Ham game...

all I hope is we keep the score low enough on there end (preferably high on ours) so when we return to the Lane we still have a game on ours hands... there will be nothing worse that finishing 4-0 down to come back to WHL expecting a 5-0 victory... we really need an away goal as well, they always help when returning home for the second part of the fixture

First Team Player

Status
    I'm off to Madrid tomorrow afternoon and I'm into this game for a few hundred quid and I'd still happily settle for a 0-0 with no shots on goal, think West Germany v Austria in the 1982 world cup finals. That said I had the same attitude before the trip to Milan and we all know how that turned out.

THTV Donator

Status
    Over two legs, maybe.

Still apprehensive though.

shady!

Status
    Of course we can!

I honestly don't think we will tho!

I have been wrong in the past!

First Team Player

Status
    I think we can.
    If we get a score draw tommorrow, I think they wouldn't know what to expect when they come to the lane.
    This has probably been mentioned but Liverpool drew Madrid in the first round and everyone expected Liverpool to be thrashed. This Spurs team is much better than that Liverpool one. But the again so it the Madrid team.

Its all about faith, and if we have it we can win!

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    I reckon if we score more goals than them we might . . . .

9. Who Thanked this post

edmonds44 (04-04-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reckon if we score more goals than them we might . . . .
    the irony of it all ...

11. Who Thanked this post

contrast (04-04-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I'm tired and can't be bothered to give my reasons but in answer to the subject of this thread,

yes.

Legend !

Status
    It's like asking can we beat Chelsea or Man U, and the answer is yes, but as people have already stated Spurs seem very mercurial at times, they can turn up and play some of the best fluent football ever, then next week look like they have all been out on the turps till 5:00am the night before the game with sloppy passes, poor movement, bad link up play

Player in Training

Status
    I think the first 25 - 30 minutes will be very important for you and how your side will react to playing against a RM side who feel they have something to prove

good luck and let hope for a game free of controversey

HALA MADRID!

First Team Player

Status
    I just hope we don't play like pussies.

let's go out there, give everything on the pitch and then if we even lose congratulate better opposition. but at least we'll know we gave it all

Banned !

Status
    I think we'll know by half time how this tie is gonna go, if Gomes and VDV are still on the pitch and there's only one goal in it then it will be a competitive tie, anything else and we need to concentrate on our last 8 premiership games and forget about CL.

Worst case is Bale and VDV succumb to injury early on and we try to park a bus to keep score down to 3 or 4 goals.

Best realistic case is a score draw, but it will be terrifying to watch us try to get a 0-0 back at WHL, so I might prefer a narrow defeat, 2-1 or 3-2.

Legend !

Status
    of course we can! it's gonna be nervy!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter