Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    I arrived at my football game today, and my buddies said that just this weekend, the premierleague have decided that its top 5 that get in champions league for the premierleague???? Top four are in but the 5th spot has to quality just like we did before....Please fill me in, is this true lol?

Legend !

Status
    mb in pes it's true but not in real life lol

Status
    Your buddies are wrong......

Legend !

Status
    The Premier League doesn't decide these things. UEFA has allocated England with 4 spots in the CL, meaning the top 4 teams in the Premiership qualify for it.

Legend !

Status
    haha k i didnt believe them, and i had a game to play so i didnt want to argue lol. One of them is a chelsea fan, he just moved here, and he probably just f*cking with me lol

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CmonyouSpurs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Premier League doesn't decide these things. UEFA has allocated England with 4 spots in the CL, meaning the top 4 teams in the Premiership qualify for it.
    or however they decide to allocate the four places, i.e. FA Cup winners, or a play off from positions 4th to 7th if they so wish

Banned !

Status
    Top 5 In Champions League are as under :

- Andres Iniesta and Xavi
    - Cesc Fabregas
    - Wesley Sneijder
    - Bastian Schweinsteiger and Franck Ribery
    - Theo Walcott and Andrei Arshavin

THTV Donator

Status
    The ****???

hey you guys

Status
    You need to hang out with some more intelligent buddies my friend
    We have the maximum number of CL places a country can have already; dictated by the UEFA Co-Efficient.
    It will not be extended to five, at least until the rest of Europe play better football

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattspurz View Post
    I arrived at my football game today, and my buddies said that just this weekend, the premierleague have decided that its top 5 that get in champions league for the premierleague???? Top four are in but the 5th spot has to quality just like we did before....Please fill me in, is this true lol?

The FA or Premier League does not does not decide how many Champions League spots are available. IF that was the case then the Premier League would have allocated as many as possible. UEFA are one that decide.

Countries are allocated places according to their UEFA league coefficient. Below is the qualification scheme for the Champions League:
    • Associations 1–3 each have four teams qualify
    • Associations 4–6 each have three teams qualify
    • Associations 7–15 each have two teams qualify
    • Associations 16–53 each have one team qualify (except Liechtenstein)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AfricazMost View Post
    The FA or Premier League does not does not decide how many Champions League spots are available. IF that was the case then the Premier League would have allocated as many as possible. UEFA are one that decide.

Countries are allocated places according to their UEFA league coefficient. Below is the qualification scheme for the Champions League:

• Associations 1–3 each have four teams qualify
    • Associations 4–6 each have three teams qualify
    • Associations 7–15 each have two teams qualify
    • Associations 16–53 each have one team qualify (except Liechtenstein)
    does that mean luxembourg get a place?

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 05grottim View Post
    does that mean luxembourg get a place?
    They do, but only into the early qualifying rounds that we never take notice of.

For example, this season Jeunesse Esch made the second qualifying round, before being eliminated by AIK from Sweden.

First Team Player

Status
    Am i correct in saying that for next season that 3rd as well as 4th place in the premier league have to play in the qualifying round of the C/L?

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    W E T T E D - U P . . . !

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dave hill View Post
    Am i correct in saying that for next season that 3rd as well as 4th place in the premier league have to play in the qualifying round of the C/L?
    Short answer...

No.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter