Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    We've already got the game thread for the tie between Spurs and Madrid, but I'm curious to see what everyone is thinking for the other match-ups.

Chelsea - Manchester United
    First leg at Stamford Bridge - 2-1 Chelsea
    Second leg at Old Trafford - 2-0 United
    United wins 3-2 on aggregate

Real Madrid - Tottenham
    First leg at Bernabeu - 2-0 Madrid (Ronaldo x2)
    Second leg at White Hart Lane - 2-1 Spurs (VDV, Bale, Ronaldo)
    Madrid wins 3-2 on aggregate

Barcelona - Shaktar
    First leg at Nou Camp - 3-1 Barcelona
    Second leg at Donetsk - 2-2
    Barca goes through 5-3 on aggregate

Inter - Schalke
    First leg at San Siro - 1-0 Inter
    Second leg at Schalke - 1-1
    Inter goes through 2-1 on aggregate

Further explanation on the Spurs/Madrid prediction: If we can find a goal at the Bernabeu all bets are off. I don't see Madrid hitting us for more than one at the Lane. So if we can be level on away goals, it all comes down to home form. Admittedly, Madrid's home form is probably the best in the world, but if we can keep it to 2-1 or 3-1 at the Bernabeu, we have a shot on the return leg.

Thoughts?

THTV Donator

Status
    Too soon to make predictions because we don't know who would be fit or not until closer to the date.

Legend !

Status
    Real Madrid 3 - 2 Spurs
    Spurs 2-1 Real Madrid

Spurs through on away goals.

Barcelona 2 - 0 Shaktar
    Shaktar 2 - 0 Barcelona AET

Shaktar through on penalties.

Chelsea 2 - 1 United
    United 1 - 0 Chelsea

United through on away goals.

Inter 4 - Schalke 0
    Schalke 2 - Inter 1

Inter through 5-2 on aggregate.

I expect three very tight QF's. Barcelona is the best side on the planet but have a horrible draw here. Shaktar are a wonderful side at home and have proved their mettle away. I believe that they can get a result, purely on the basis that Barcelona, as great as it is, has the habit of butchering opportunities. If Shaktar can keep it tight at Camp Nou then they can certainly get a result in the return leg. They are immense at home, a real team to avoid. I expect plenty of goals in our tie aginst Real but I genuinely believe that Spurs can break them down and just edge them in the washup. The return game at home is a real bonus. Chelsea and Manchester United is harder to pick than a broken nose and could go either way. I just fancy United to scrape through as they are proven winners and know how to eek out a result. In the other tie I expect Samuel Eto'o to make a mess of the Germans. He should, and will shore up the golden boot here.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter