Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    .................who thinks we have enough and the right tools to beat Barca?

I think why the Goons looked so bad was because they play one way only. They play the exact same type of football but they are a fraction as good as Barca.

We on the other hand play the typical old skool English game. We have big burly defenders, flying wingers and the big and small combo up front.

We, if we did it well, would unsettle them if we managed to get the ball off them long enough to play our game.

I dont think they are brilliant defensively and in the air 2 meter peter would cause any defender in the world problems. Bale and Lennon could roast and full back on this plannet and Modric and VDV can conjure little spells to find the chinks in their armour.

Now dont for one second think that I am saying I want to play them as it would almost certainly mean over 2 legs we would be out of this competition but I think in a one off final with them and us we could pinch it with the right set up.

Barca in the final if we managed to get that far.....................I would be confident we would be shown up half as bad as the cuckoos from Woolwich.

COYS.

Legend !

Status
    Well, we'd definitely give it a right go, that's for sure. That being said, just because we can actually mix it up, it doesn't mean we can beat Barca. It'll take a superhuman effort from all our players to have a chance of beating them.

Legend!

Status
    i'm with ya on that one. i have said all along we can beat anyone at home anyway so we would only need a draw away and could quite easily get that

i love mister ed and can not lie lol

Status
    I do agree that Woolwich got beaten at their own game, which suited Barca to the ground, but i think we would get destroyed at the Nou Camp. They have the best players in the world, and with our shaky defence, i think we'd concede a lot. I'd be very suprised if our middle men get anywhere near Iniesta/Xavi and if you touch them, it's gonna be a foul. Maybe, just maybe.

Legend !

Status
    I also rate we could take 'em spiky muppets.

My main worry would be their pressing ability though. Our attacks would have to be s00per precise and quick as all hell. In the midfield, swamping them isn't enough - they'll just pass through you. You'd need a proper DM who also had a mind for launching counters, aka. Sandro.

Actually, come to think of it - Sandro and a fit Thudd vs Barca would be immense!

Legend !

Status
    i think we would get tortured by barca personally, they would give big dawson et all the run around, could you imagine assou-ekotto up against the likes of messi and pedro zipping about all over the place? they would carve us open like a turkey at christmas

Legend !

Status
    My problem is that I simply am not satisfied, even though I know I should be. I am absolutely excited that we about our victory over Milan but holy fook this competition is addicting. Luckily we seem to rise to the challenge against big sides and for that reason I have no fear of any of the remaining sides. We can beat anybody, though some are easier matchups than others.

Legend !

Status
    Milan just had 60% possession and our midfield is head and shoulders better. That said, we've beaten the Scum playing the Barca style so who's to say we couldn't bully Barca a bit. Just saying we could keep up with the squad of the last decade is saying a lot about our progress as a team.

Legend !

Status
    personally i agree with P unit however we'd have to get the 2nd leg at the lane. Also i think at the nou camp we'd have to be very boring and try and concede as little as possible relying on lennon and bale to run with the ball quickly on the counter. Also id consider dropping VDV to the bench on any away leg due to his lack of workrate and play if fit Thudd, sandro and modric a little further infront of them (a bit radical i know but i think it would work). We would have to try and use brute force in the midfield hence sandro and thudd however they can retain posession well unlike palacios. It would be a tall order and i wouldnt admit it anywhere but if we drew barca i would secretly fancy us to maybe just maybe do something.

Legend !

Status
    I wish mate, but Crouch against Puyol or Pique = No contest

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Get the ball out wide to Bale and Lennon and I think thats where the damage would be done. Can't ever remember anyone running at a Barca team . . . . . who knows how they would deal with it.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ctw01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish mate, but Crouch against Puyol or Pique = No contest
    We seem to be focusing a lot on what we could theoretically do offensively against Barca.

Messi vs BAE, that should go well... *Sighs*

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We seem to be focusing a lot on what we could theoretically do offensively against Barca.

Messi vs BAE, that should go well... *Sighs*
    The thing is Blue, who could get near Messi ? lol

Legend !

Status
    If we played narcs like we played AC the we would be ****ed. We couldn't keep the ball and couldn't get our passing game going. But if we were all at are very best what a game it would be!

First Team Player

Status
    Nop. we would get crushed, pretty sure of that. No team has the tools to bring the game to Barcelona, what you can do is what Mourinho did last season, defend, defend, defend and then try counteratcking when giving the chance, and despite our performance against milan, defending isnt our strong point.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter